Persona 5 Modding (ps3 hardware with CFW)

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Herokalla

Okay so I have been wanting to get into Persona 5 modding for awhile but there just aren't good tutorials that show you everything perfectly. I only got CFW yesterday and I don't know much about modding or jailbreaking. However once I was finally able to get on the right track it just wouldn't work. I followed the guides on patching the eboot but like I said the tutorials don't show everything and I don't know very much I got the eboot patched and I used Mod compendium to get my mod.cpk. I put it all in the folder like how it said too and I opened P5 but all I got was an error code (80029519). I went back and double checked my ps3 files and it all looks right to me but I can't even launch the game let alone get the mods to work.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

You're right that we're definitely lacking detailed guides on everything that goes into the process. Sounds like you're real close at least.
From my experience my best guess is that the EBOOT is resigned for DEX, so if you're using CEX CFW it wouldn't be able to launch. There's a comment on this article that explains a workaround:
ReLyf wrote: If you are on CEX CFW follow these steps:

9. Run resigner.exe, type in 3 and press enter
10. It will ask you for Content ID for your game its usually the name of your .RAP files (Ex : JP0101-NPJB00157_00-JPSMGS2HG0009546) and then press enter.

If you are on CEX HFW/HEN follow these steps:

9. Run resigner.exe, then Turn off Compression by pressing D > enter then Y > enter
10. Change output method to 3.XX ALT or 3.XX STD by pressing O (O not Zero) just press O > enter > enter until it says 3.XX ALT/STD
11. type in 3 and press enter
12. It will ask you for Content ID for your game its usually the name of your .RAP files (Ex : JP0101-NPJB00157_00-JPSMGS2HG0009546) and then press enter.

These should give you the correct format of eboot that is patched for CEX

You could also switch from CEX to DEX using Rebug Toolbox (assuming that's the CFW you're using). Here's a helpful comment on how to do it, and the differences between them. Basically, you can't go online with DEX but you can use debug features, such as connecting to Target Manager to see log output
Herokalla

Okay so I am not sure where to go from here as when opening resigner and pressing 3 it closed and did nothing so I thought I was missing something but when going to the original post https://shrinefox.com/guides/2019/06/12 ... omment-671 the comment doesn't load for me another thing I think could be causing me problems is the .rap file because I am not exactly sure where to find my own .rap file on my ps3 if that's a thing I don't really know, I googled it and downloaded the .rap file from https://nopaystation.com/view/PS3/NPUB3 ... ?version=1 also I went ahead and got a version of rebug and to look at some system info just to make sure I am following the proper guides (hope the extra info helps)
PS3 Firmware 4.87
LV2 Kernel : CEX
Target type : CEX
COBRA: 8.2

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.