[P5] How is scripting BUP determined?

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Bloop
Has liked: 1 post
Been liked: 1 post

I have a file named 'b011_100_00.bin'' which is a backported kasumi bustup, I want to use it in a message menu so I did the following
"[msg TestMsg [Kasumi]]
[bup 0 11 100 0 0][f 4 10 -1 0 0]Welcome to the square GUI.[n][w][e]"
but the image does not show up and neither does the name, it registers as a thought bubble still, so I think I did something wrong with the bup. what are the numbers after [bup]? [bup x x x x x]
(I am following ShrineFox's guide on scripts and text so I can get a feel for it)
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

The msg part looks fine, but the issue seems to be that you're using the MSG_MIND function in the flowscript instead of MSG. MSG_MIND always displays as a tagless/bustup-less thought bubble rather than the standard textbox. This should work:

Code: Select all

MSG_WND_DSP(); 
	MSG( TestMsg, 0 );
	MSG_WND_CLS();
Bloop
Has liked: 1 post
Been liked: 1 post

Thanks for the reply, I have no clue how I did not realize that, I even sent the files to some people on discord and they said it looked fine. I ended up getting bustups to work but they stayed on my screen and it was still a thought bubble, probably because I told it to be a MIND message. I am trying this now and will update the post
EDIT: it worked

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.