Exporting P3 Models

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Retinova
Been liked: 1 post

Hi,

I've been trying to find a way to export some of the P3 models into a more general, usable format, not necessarily to mod anything into the game. I'm trying to use TGE's Maxscript to open the RMD model in 3dsMax (2021 ver.), but at some point it crashes with this error:

Code: Select all

-- Unknown property: "diffuseMap" in Material #25:Physical_Material 
I have, essentially, zero experience with 3D models, so I'm not sure if it's something on my end or if I need to do something configuration-wise. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Tupelov
Has liked: 2 posts
Been liked: 3 posts

3dsmax 2021 changed the default material to physics material, and so it breaks while importing. I'd reccomend trying to get 3dsmax 2020 if possible or trying to edit the maxscript yourself.
Retinova
Been liked: 1 post

Tupelov wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:25 pm 3dsmax 2021 changed the default material to physics material, and so it breaks while importing. I'd reccomend trying to get 3dsmax 2020 if possible or trying to edit the maxscript yourself.
Thanks, this worked.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.