Persona 3 FES cutscenes/events editing possible?

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
lovile3973
Has liked: 1 post

I was messing around with a cutscene debug menu (https://tcrf.net/Persona_3_FES#Cutscene_Debug_Menu) but I still don't understand what "Save proj" command actually does. I wonder if it saves a cutscene on a game's save data and whether or not there is a way to get final .PM files from it.
I also really wonder if anyone has a tutorial for this cutscene editor cuz for me it's still feels like a dark magic.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Funny timing posting this, very recently some users have been digging into the assembly to see how much of the “save” function still works.
So far it seems like it attempts to save but can’t write to the hard drive because it has to be in a specific format (PFS). I’m also hoping this research leads to a way to make custom cutscenes, because so far the most we have is an incomplete binary template for 010 editor based on format similarities from Nocturne’s rerelease. It’s pretty incomplete so there’s not really a better way to make events yet. I don’t think any of us really have a solid grasp on using the in game editor yet either
lovile3973
Has liked: 1 post

ShrineFox wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:03 am Funny timing posting this, very recently some users have been digging into the assembly to see how much of the “save” function still works.
So far it seems like it attempts to save but can’t write to the hard drive because it has to be in a specific format (PFS). I’m also hoping this research leads to a way to make custom cutscenes, because so far the most we have is an incomplete binary template for 010 editor based on format similarities from Nocturne’s rerelease. It’s pretty incomplete so there’s not really a better way to make events yet. I don’t think any of us really have a solid grasp on using the in game editor yet either
Well, at least it's great that research is ongoing. Thanks for the reply!
ryuubu

ShrineFox wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:03 am Funny timing posting this, very recently some users have been digging into the assembly to see how much of the “save” function still works.
Any info on this? Google not turning up much at all

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.