[P5] Follow up to my last post

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Fayande
Has liked: 1 post

Sorry if this is being too spammy, but I figured out how to do what I was trying to for the most part. Main roadblock I'm running into now is trying to change music on bosses that don't stay on one song. Like just as an example, how Kaneshiro starts on one song in his first phase but the song transitions to a different song when he goes into Piggytron. I could only figure out how to change the first song, so if someone can point me in the right direction here I would highly appreciate you :)
CaptainSwag101
Has liked: 25 posts
Been liked: 7 posts

Hi there, it's recommended to keep your posts together if they're both related instead of creating a new topic, as it means people need to go searching for the old topic to get the full context of your question. Making a new post on the old topic should bump the thread to the top of the list, so you don't need to worry about it not being seen.

Regarding your question, I don't have any experience editing boss battles, but my best guess would be that it's done in a BF script related to the boss battle, as those are often used to control the flow of battles, AI, some cutscenes, and many other things, including the background music. No idea where you'd find the scripts to edit, though. Hopefully someone with more experience can help out.
I can be your best friend or your worst enemy. It all depends on you.
Century_
Has liked: 38 posts
Been liked: 34 posts

I think you can set which song plays during a boss encounter by editing one of the ENCOUNTER.TBL in table.pac here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=45&p=116&hilit=dark+sun#p116, but I haven't really checked for myself. I saw it being done with the akechi fight so I recommend you try it out.
Fayande

CaptainSwag101 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:36 pm Hi there, it's recommended to keep your posts together if they're both related instead of creating a new topic, as it means people need to go searching for the old topic to get the full context of your question. Making a new post on the old topic should bump the thread to the top of the list, so you don't need to worry about it not being seen.

Regarding your question, I don't have any experience editing boss battles, but my best guess would be that it's done in a BF script related to the boss battle, as those are often used to control the flow of battles, AI, some cutscenes, and many other things, including the background music. No idea where you'd find the scripts to edit, though. Hopefully someone with more experience can help out.
Sorry about that, I just wasn't sure if it would have been correct to do so or not since it wasn't too related to the original question. But I will keep that in mind for next time :)
Century_ wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:49 pm I think you can set which song plays during a boss encounter by editing one of the ENCOUNTER.TBL in table.pac here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=45&p=116&hilit=dark+sun#p116, but I haven't really checked for myself. I saw it being done with the akechi fight so I recommend you try it out.
Yeah I figured that out, I'm just having a problem figuring out how to change the music for fights where the music transitions to a different song mid battle (Kaneshiro, and Sae for example). I can see how to change the first song easy enough but don't know where or how to edit what the song changes to.
Sierra
Been liked: 8 posts

In this case, I can confirm that CaptainSwag is correct. I looked into the BF script for this encounter, and the function for changing the BGM is used at that exact part in the fight.

So that's how it's done. Ya gotta set it up in the encounter's BF script.

(You can find those in data.cpk/battle/event/script)
Fayande

Sierra wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:27 pm In this case, I can confirm that CaptainSwag is correct. I looked into the BF script for this encounter, and the function for changing the BGM is used at that exact part in the fight.

So that's how it's done. Ya gotta set it up in the encounter's BF script.

(You can find those in data.cpk/battle/event/script)
Thank you very much!
Fayande

I think I found the script in question, but I honestly have no clue what I'm looking for here lol. All of this is very new to me

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.