GFD Studio, how to export a Field's textures?

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
MotormouthMoka
Has liked: 2 posts

I'm currently trying to export the models and textures from various Fields/environments in Persona 5. When a field model is loaded in to GFD Studio, for some reason all the textures are a 'null' green and white checkered texture on the model, and in the side bar as well, like so:

Now, embarrassingly, I know it's possible to somehow make it so the actual textures are extracted properly, because I did it myself about two months ago, I have the evidence sitting nicely in a folder I made for myself:

But annoyingly, I've completely forgotten how I did this, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to replicate it. All I've managed to do for hours is just export the null green and white checkered texture, not the actual textures themselves.
I know I also imported the models into 3ds Max Studio, but I don't have a clue if that's a part of the process or not.

I have also tried upgrading to the latest version of GFD Studio and this hasnt made a difference
If anyone knows the way to properly extract these textures I'd greatly appreciate the refresher, as I've been banging my head against the wall trying to remember
ReLyf
Been liked: 19 posts

P5 fields doesnt have texture embedded

its in ps3.cpk/model/field_tex/textures
or something like that it should be a .bin
and you just drag and drop that .bin to gfd and it should load the texture
Random human with one braincell

and most of the thing i make wont make sense
or looks very very bad
so dont question it
MotormouthMoka

Yes! That's it, thankyou very much, that was driving me crazy.
I had a weird feeling I had to do or add or load something else...

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.