[P4G PC] chr names disappear at batch insert

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
AdamSaeed
Has liked: 2 posts

I'm working on fan translating the game and I need a batch insert.
I did batch export all the game's dialogues using PM1 & BF Message Script Editor (and it's possible using PersonaEditiorCMD too)
but when inserting the translation back in, the characters names would get deleted using both the Message Script Editor and PersonaEditiorCMD.
Nulla
Has liked: 10 posts
Been liked: 5 posts

AdamSaeed wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:49 am I'm working on fan translating the game and I need a batch insert.
I did batch export all the game's dialogues using PM1 & BF Message Script Editor (and it's possible using PersonaEditiorCMD too)
but when inserting the translation back in, the characters names would get deleted using both the Message Script Editor and PersonaEditiorCMD.
I've worked a fair bit with all the tools you listed and they always worked just fine, never ran into any problem of this kind. Have you tried inserting the translated files one by one with Amicitia? If you did and it didn't work, then it may have something to do with the batch exporting, since other than that that's exactly what I did many times before, with both PM and bf files.
By the way, what language are you translating the game in, if you don't mind me asking?
AdamSaeed

Nulla wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:03 am
AdamSaeed wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:49 am I'm working on fan translating the game and I need a batch insert.
I've worked a fair bit with all the tools you listed and they always worked just fine, never ran into any problem of this kind. Have you tried inserting the translated files one by one with Amicitia? If you did and it didn't work, then it may have something to do with the batch exporting, since other than that that's exactly what I did many times before, with both PM and bf files.
By the way, what language are you translating the game in, if you don't mind me asking?
I used to insert the translation line by line using PersonaEditior (even PersonaText sometimes) and never had any problem.
It's just when I try to batch insert txt files into PM1 files they will lose the character names.
I'm hoping I won't have to rely on line by line.

I'm translating the game into Arabic. Thanks to SMT's Arabic fanbase, I haven't given up on the project yet.
Nulla
Has liked: 10 posts
Been liked: 5 posts

AdamSaeed wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:04 pm
I used to insert the translation line by line using PersonaEditior (even PersonaText sometimes) and never had any problem.
It's just when I try to batch insert txt files into PM1 files they will lose the character names.

I'm translating the game into Arabic. Thanks to SMT's Arabic fanbase, I haven't given up on the project yet.
Well, when I used those tools I just went file-by-file, not line-by-line, and I've never had any issue, so that's weird. I know that P4G does weird stuff with speakers' name though, so I can see why a batch import could fail. Can't you import the text in the PM1/bfs and then add the names with PersonaEditor?
AdamSaeed

Nulla wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:33 am
AdamSaeed wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:04 pm

Well, when I used those tools I just went file-by-file, not line-by-line, and I've never had any issue, so that's weird. I know that P4G does weird stuff with speakers' name though, so I can see why a batch import could fail. Can't you import the text in the PM1/bfs and then add the names with PersonaEditor?
Sorry, I thought when you said file-by-file you meant opening the file and translate it directly as this is what I used to do.
I guess the easiest way out of this problem is like you've said to add the names after importing.
AdamSaeed

Apparently, Persona Editor needs the original name in place whether you liked it or not (which I didn't like)
though it gives you the option to delete the dialogue when editing the txt, it doesn't want you to delete the original name, otherwise it will not insert it.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.