[P4G PC] P4G Music Manager silent output file???

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
docky
Has liked: 5 posts
Been liked: 1 post

I'm not sure if I'm doing this wrong (because this has never happened before) or its the program's fault, but I have 7 custom tracks that replace in-game songs in P4G Music Manager, and whenever I save the new BGM.xwb to the P4G steam directory/SND and play the game, every single song is silent? The only sound I can hear are the cutscenes, because their audio isnt handled by the xwb I am editing, and I'm really confused why it mutes every song + SFX in the process? I export songs with a 48000 project rate in audacity like I always have been doing before this issue. Thanks to anyone who can help!
docky

I've used the silent BGM.xwb that P4GMM generates as the song handler for the program itself, and I can still hear all of the songs on there even when they are all silent in-game. Can someone please explain whats going on??? Is the game not reading the sound files correctly?
Is it something to do with the length of the song that I'm replacing?
I'm really confused on why it works when importing some songs, and then completely mutes every single sound file when importing others??? HUUUUH???
T-Pose Ratkechi
Has liked: 19 posts
Been liked: 6 posts

One of the wav files doesn't want to work with P4G. Why, no one's really been able to figure it out. Disable all but 1 and see if you can figure which wav file exactly is causing the silent audio. Once you do, the only known solution is to convert to another format (mp3, ogg, etc) then back to wav with audacity or similar.

edit: Could also be an issue with the loop points. If one of the loop points is set beyond the range of the song, that'll also get you mute audio.
Crowpocalypse
Has liked: 1 post
Been liked: 11 posts

It's most likely loop points, especially if you are putting the loop points at the very end of the song. If you are, remove those songs from your compiled bgm and test it out.
Here is what is happening with loop points at the very end:
when encoding, there are sample blocks that are 128 samples long. The encoding moves your end point to a point past the last possible 128 block.
How you can fix this:
1) Whip out your computer's calculator and switch it to scientific.
2) type out your end loop's sample number, press MOD on the calculator, then type 128, then equals. The resulting number is how far your sample is from the nearest 128 block. Subtract that final number from your original end loop sample number and you should have a 0 when doing the same equation, putting you at the previous 128 block.
example:
-le 4589588
putting this number into the calc gives us "20," so we'll want to subtract that 20 and we will get 4589568. This new number is the new end loop that would be used.
Arist and co-creator of the P5 Adachi Mod.
Youtube || Twitter || Commissions || Ko-fi || Project Updates
docky

Crowpocalypse wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:12 am It's most likely loop points, especially if you are putting the loop points at the very end of the song. If you are, remove those songs from your compiled bgm and test it out.
Here is what is happening with loop points at the very end:
when encoding, there are sample blocks that are 128 samples long. The encoding moves your end point to a point past the last possible 128 block.
How you can fix this:
1) Whip out your computer's calculator and switch it to scientific.
2) type out your end loop's sample number, press MOD on the calculator, then type 128, then equals. The resulting number is how far your sample is from the nearest 128 block. Subtract that final number from your original end loop sample number and you should have a 0 when doing the same equation, putting you at the previous 128 block.
example:
-le 4589588
putting this number into the calc gives us "20," so we'll want to subtract that 20 and we will get 4589568. This new number is the new end loop that would be used.
Thank you so much! This was the issue, and I have resolved it thanks to you ^_^

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.