P5R .adx Files Encrypted?

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
zettonaender
Has liked: 5 posts
Been liked: 12 posts

So when I tried to play the adx from the P5R Chinese PKG (from bp_10.awb in this case) results in it playing but as a garbled mess/earrape. Is it encrypted?

I searched around and found an adx file decryptor which bruteforces an adx file and decrypted the rest.

I left it for a few hours (probably around 7-8 hours) and it's still not done so I think it's gonna take a while (I know brute forcing an encryption is slow af). I want to ask is it actually encrypted or am I missing something here cause I don't wanna waste electricity for a few days only for it to be not encrypted.

Some insight will be appreciated. Thanks.
Beta morgana is nightmare fuel lol
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

The ADX key is 10882899, you can batch decrypt them using a .bat file containing the following in the same directory:

Code: Select all

for %%f in (*.adx) do VGAudioCli.exe  %%~nf.adx %%~nf_dec.adx --keycode 10882899
Only problem with this method is it doesn't change the encryption key at 0x13 to 0 afterward so you'd have to manually hex edit each one. Another thing you could do is use foobar2000 with the vgmstream plugin and put this in the same folder as your encrypted AWB: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 491/adxkey

That should allow you to play/convert them
zettonaender
Has liked: 5 posts
Been liked: 12 posts

ShrineFox wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 am The ADX key is 10882899, you can batch decrypt them using a .bat file containing the following in the same directory:

Code: Select all

for %%f in (*.adx) do VGAudioCli.exe  %%~nf.adx %%~nf_dec.adx --keycode 10882899
Only problem with this method is it doesn't change the encryption key at 0x13 to 0 afterward so you'd have to manually hex edit each one. Another thing you could do is use foobar2000 with the vgmstream plugin and put this in the same folder as your encrypted AWB: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 491/adxkey

That should allow you to play/convert them
So the foobar+VGMStream worked because the key you posted here should be 29915170 (found on vgmstream github). Just putting this here for anyone looking in the future.
Cheers.
Beta morgana is nightmare fuel lol

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.