GFD Studio displaying "An Item with this same key has already been added" error

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
FrancistheCat

I'm extremely new to modeling in general. Two days ago i hadn't evened owned any 3D modeling software; not to mention trying to actually get one into a game, but i actually did the other day with *plenty* of help from this site. I've been working on trying to replace the protagonists models with Minato's from P3D and after exporting one from 3DSMax to put together the face, body, hair and what not, I exported it as an .fbx file. when trying to open it in GFD studio I'm greeted with "An Item with this same key has already been added" and the model won't open. Is it because I opened the parts already in GFD individually? What can i do to get it to open up? Thanks in advance!
ReLyf
Has liked: 2 posts
Been liked: 19 posts

there is nothing you can do afaik
since its a bug in the actual gfd studio and i dont think someone fixed it yet
but you can maybe try re export the .fbx using noesis

hope it works
Random human with one braincell

and most of the thing i make wont make sense
or looks very very bad
so dont question it
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

I think the problem has to do with two things in the model exported from 3dsmax having the same name, usually it's meshes, bones or materials that are the culprit. You also want to make sure none of them have illegal characters in the path (like a colon) so pretty much anything that Windows wouldn't let you name a file/folder with. I've noticed several materials in P5 use it in the name and I guess the importer doesn't like it

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.