(RPCS3) Persona 5 crashed during main menu load-in when trying to play with mods

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
riz009
Has liked: 3 posts

Hi, I'm having trouble with my game (Persona 5 EU BLES02247) crashing when entering the main menu.

When it crashed during the train whizzing past part (yeah, I am magical with words lel), the RPCS3 (ver. 0.0.11) log threw up these two lines:

F {PPU[0x1000004] Thread (gfdJobQueueFiberWorker) [0x00987588]} VM: Access violation reading location 0x0 (unmapped memory)
W {cellAudio Thread} cellAudio: Audio backend stopped unexpectedly, likely due to a buffer underrun

I would be very thankful if someone could help me understand 1)What do they mean, and 2)How to fix it as I was hoping to jump into P5 again.

I installed the 4K Xbox Controller Prompts, Mod Menu, After-Battle Ammo Refill, and P5 Scaleable+Redrawn Bustups using Mod Compendium in that order as per Cryptoss' guide, and using the new version of patch.yml, using which I enabled the Disable DLC Notification and Skip Intro Video Mods in that order.

For what it's worth, I was able to play P5 with Mod Menu downloaded here successfully almost a year ago, but no luck now.

Apologies if there are any grammatical (among other) errors in my writing, as English is not my first language, thank you all :)

EDIT: I was able to get in the game by disabling the somehow enabled Bust Up Mod in the patch.yml using the patch menu, but found that none of the mods I installed using the Mod Compendium are working, please advise :|

EDIT2: I tried the even newer Patch.yml that was shared by ShrineFox in T4keuci's earlier thread and enabled Mod Support, but the game went back to crashing again in main menu load-in and the log threw the exact same two lines from earlier. I've tried disabling all the mods I installed using Mod Compendium one by one and only managed to get into the main menu when I deleted the mod.cpk in my Persona 5 USDIR folder, I'm starting to get on my wits end now :oops:
zettonaender
Has liked: 5 posts
Been liked: 12 posts

Yeah so the 4K mods usually require the use of the custom RPCS3 build with extra VRAM. You can find it on the 4K UI upscale thread, use the one posted by Scarltz and it should work fine I think cause one of the possible cause of unmapped memory in 4k mods is the VRAM not allocated with enough size.

Hope this helps.
Beta morgana is nightmare fuel lol
ReLyf
Has liked: 2 posts
Been liked: 19 posts

Normal RPCS3 will crash with any 4K mods because there are not enough VRAM (since it emulate the PS3 VRAM exactly) thats why it said "(unmapped memory)"

that is afaik
Random human with one braincell

and most of the thing i make wont make sense
or looks very very bad
so dont question it
riz009
Has liked: 3 posts

ReLyf wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:33 pm Normal RPCS3 will crash with any 4K mods because there are not enough VRAM (since it emulate the PS3 VRAM exactly) thats why it said "(unmapped memory)"

that is afaik
zettonaender wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:14 pm Yeah so the 4K mods usually require the use of the custom RPCS3 build with extra VRAM. You can find it on the 4K UI upscale thread, use the one posted by Scarltz and it should work fine I think cause one of the possible cause of unmapped memory in 4k mods is the VRAM not allocated with enough size.

Hope this helps.
All right, will look into it and post results later

Thanks for the help, you two :D

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.