[PSVita] Working on the Undub for P3D/P5D, need help with PCK

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Okawa

So, i am trying to make the undub versions of "Daning in the Starlight" and "Dancing in the Moonlight", but i am having difficulties unpacking the PCK archives. None of the tools from the wiki seems to be working.

So far i tried:

Mod Compendium - Doesn't seem like this tool have the extraction capabiliies. Or am i just blind?
CriPakGUI - says "not a valid PCK" when i try to load P3D ones
QuickBMS - doesn't work either and seems like a very outdated script
APAKPack - throws something about missing "hostpolicy.dll", which from what i understood is the result of faulty compiled/written code

I also checked zenhax and xentax yet still a bummer - the dozen or so different rewrites of CriakTools are all written for different games than P3D/5.
CaptainSwag101
Has liked: 25 posts
Been liked: 7 posts

Please read the instructions on the main forum page before posting. The "Mod Showcase" section of the forums is not for asking questions, it's for posting finished or work-in-progress mods. There is a section at the top of the forum titled "Modding Q&A/Troubleshooting" where you can ask your questions. I have moved this topic to the correct forum section.
I can be your best friend or your worst enemy. It all depends on you.
cabbage
Been liked: 35 posts

• Regarding the Undub - Both P5D and P3D already have dual audio support:
    Spoiler
  • As for the CPK archives, simply extracting them from a pkg isn't enough as Vita game data files are encrypted via Sony's PFS layer.

To decrypt the PFS layer you'll need to use psvpfsparser from here.

You can also install the pkg in Vita3K - the files will be decrypted during installation.
Okawa

cabbage wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:01 pm
  • Regarding the Undub - Both P5D and P3D already have dual audio support:
    Spoiler
So i truly am blind, huh.

:lol: , i should've guessed so since there is so little VO in both games and next to zero of any mentions of undubs for those two games. Oh well, thanks for pointing that out.

cabbage wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:01 pm As for the CPK archives, simply extracting them from a pkg isn't enough as Vita game data files are encrypted via Sony's PFS layer.

To decrypt the PFS layer you'll need to use psvpfsparser from here.

You can also install the pkg in Vita3K - the files will be decrypted during installation.
Strange how i haven't seen any mentions of additional encryption anywhere. Thanks for the info! I'll try it now, even without the need for undub, this info is still useful!

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.