(RPCS3) P5 Mod Menu not working

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
T4keuci
Been liked: 1 post

Title is self-explanatory: I'm having trouble making the Mod Menu work. I've made a great amount of progress on the game (just got past Okumura's palace) and during my trip on his infamous dungeon, the mod menu was working fine. However, I was dealing with a bunch of performance related issues during this, and I decided to re-install the game to see if the problem was fixed. I did manage to fix the FPS problem eventually (MegaSync was sucking my PC dry), but after that was resolved, the mod menu stopped working (I believe it stopped working because I deleted and installed the game, and by doing that, I ended up breaking it).

I followed the mod installation instructions to tea; Mod Compendium to build the mod.cpk file, output directly to the USRDIR folder and the custom patch.yml file (downloaded from this website, btw), so on and so forth; but when I load my most recent save file, the Mod Menu does not work. I've tried deleting the patch.yml and mod.cpk files and adding fresh ones each time I'm going to start the emulator, replacing all the PPU hash values from the patch that are related to P5 for the one found on RPCS3.log, but none of these worked.

I'm using the most current version of RPCS3 (0.0.11) which has the patch manager function. The custom patch.yml file that is available here even has lines specifically related to enabling mod functionality, but I'm out of luck. I'm using the European PSN version of P5 (NPEB02436), game version 01.00.

If anyone can assist me, I would be very glad, as I'm really fond of the Mod Menu and it's functionality.

Apoligies if I left anything missing or made any structural mistakes in my phrases, English is not my first language. Thank you all beatiful people :D

Edit: I forgot to add, but the only patch that I have enabled (The 60 FPS patch) works perfectly fine. Also, the USRDIR folder is specifically the Persona 5 one, as it is the only game that I play on RPCS3. Oh, and I forgot the an "h" on my username, so you fellas can read it as "Takeuchi".
Last edited by T4keuci on Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Æsir
Been liked: 2 posts

Iirc mod menu can only be opened when you can check your phone or auto heal
Pls send help
T4keuci

Æsir wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:32 pm Iirc mod menu can only be opened when you can check your phone or auto heal
Oh yea, that I'm aware. Like I said, inside Okumura's palace and such, the Mod Menu was working fine.
Æsir
Been liked: 2 posts

Maybe redownload the mod menu ?
Pls send help
T4keuci

Æsir wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:35 am Maybe redownload the mod menu ?
I've tried doing that too, but no success as well. Though, for some reason, in the github page of the Mod Menu, it says that the most recent version is 1.16, but when it's listed on the Mod Compendium, it says it's the 1.15 version. Dunno why that is.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Odd indeed, ordinarily this would happen if you installed a different version of the game not compatible with the patch, but that's not the case. Have you tried other mods that use the mod.cpk? It sounds like something's wrong with that specific patch which is really weird since like you said 60fps works fine.

I guess you can try this version of the patch.yml that's been updated specifically for the RPCS3 patch manager:

It goes in a folder called patches inside the RPCS3 main folder, after that you can go to Manage > Game Patches and enable mod support. I'm using the same game ID and RPCS3 version as you and it seems to work, so hopefully that's the solution
T4keuci

ShrineFox wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:27 pm Odd indeed, ordinarily this would happen if you installed a different version of the game not compatible with the patch, but that's not the case. Have you tried other mods that use the mod.cpk? It sounds like something's wrong with that specific patch which is really weird since like you said 60fps works fine.

I guess you can try this version of the patch.yml that's been updated specifically for the RPCS3 patch manager:

It goes in a folder called patches inside the RPCS3 main folder, after that you can go to Manage > Game Patches and enable mod support. I'm using the same game ID and RPCS3 version as you and it seems to work, so hopefully that's the solution
Thanks for the response, Shrine. Indeed, I tried using other mods that are built on the mod.cpk (The "No ingame music mod") but that one didn't work either. I tried it once with only the no music mod enabled and then another one with both the Mod Menu and no music mod, but neither of them worked. I will try the patch.yml that you linked me and will update the post if any progress is given. Until then, farewell...
T4keuci

Aaaand it works! Thanks to the patch.yml that was linked, the Mod Menu is now functioning properly. Thanks for the help, Shrine. Keep up the good work as always!

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.