Whats the best way to fix misaligned models in 3ds?

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
MotormouthMoka
Has liked: 2 posts

I'm fairly new to using 3ds max and messing with Persona models, and I've been trying to import the models so I can then export them in a fixed frame of their animations.
This seems to work well with some models, but others seem to get imported with the GMD import script very unaligned to their skeletal structure. As a result, when I try to play their animation, their body is all warped and doesnt look right at all.
An example of this is this image I've made below:

On the top, Jack Frost and Eligor work just fine, they have no problems
But underneath them, Metatron (0001) and Obariyon (0056) are very misaligned.
I don't think the problem is necessarily how they're weighted, as almost all of their pieces are moving around when the animation plays, just they seem to be doing it in a very warped and obviously incorrect fashion.
One thing I have noticed is that Jack Frost and Eligor seem to be correctly aligned to the red skeletal structure, whereas Metatron and Obariyon seem to come imported misaligned to theirs. I have no idea how to fix this, however, since I've tried to move them back into position over their skeletal structure, but when I play their animation, they snap back to where they were originally.
Worse yet, Obariyon's skeletal structure seems to import as if it's already in the first frame of animation, whereas the model itself imports in an A-pose, which could be part of the problem
Any assistance to help me sort out this issue would be greatly appreciated!
TGE
Been liked: 13 posts

Are you using version 0.15? Make sure you have transform vertices checked.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.