[P4G PC] Issues with audio replacement

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
LkProd
Been liked: 1 post

So earlier this week I started trying to replace Chie's golden voice with her existing voice clips from the PS2 version, and while the only replacement method used to be xacttool and modifying the ROOT_E.xwb file directly, every one of the replaced clips worked perfectly fine -- however, since the Mod Loader now supports replacing audio files, I've started attempting to use that instead, and have come across some issues.

I have successfully replaced other BGM tracks in the game already, with the proper info in the .txth file, correct looping and whatnot (even though the console still shows the info below at the game bootup, they work and loop perfectly fine, so I'm not really sure what's up with it).
Despite the BGM working fine in-game, as you can also see in the image above it throws me errors for the voice clips as well. Problem is, with the voice clips, they don't seem to work properly no matter what I do. Prior to converting them to the ADPCM format, their sampling rate was 24kHz, and I've made sure to specify that in the .txth, along with the proper number of samples and whatnot in every one of the clips.
Since the issues kept persisting, I figured the problem was incompatible sampling rate, so I converted the clips to 48kHz to ensure that they matched the rest of the game's audio, but the issue still persisted. I'm not really sure what to do, since I've tried repeatedly modifying both the .wavs, the .raws and the .txth files to no success.

Below is what happens to the clips in-game, regardless of how much I try to mess with the .txth file:
(SOUND WARNING at around 12s, the voice clips get very distorted and loud)

And here's what's shown in the console whenever those clips are played in-game: Image

Here's a download link for the clips if anyone's willing to help me out:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... anilla.zip

I guess my inquiry here is not knowing whether I'm doing something wrong or if the mod loader simply is unable to replace this. I'm aware that it was made with music replacement alone in mind, but I figured that with enough fumbling sfx/voice replacement would work...? Anyways, apologies for the massive wall of information but I'm hoping someone is able to help.
lssjcorey
Been liked: 2 posts

I don't know why but the distorted voice made me laugh so hard. I thibk it has to be modified to a certain wavelength or something
TGE
Been liked: 13 posts

Using this tool: https://github.com/jpmac26/P4G_PC_Music_Converter
Can you try using the "Encoding Passthrough"" option with a PCM16 wav file?

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.