[Persona 5 CFW PS3] Need help loading a mod! Mod compendium isn't working either!

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
pikapie
Has liked: 1 post

Hello! Im new here.

I've read all the guides on hacking the PS3 version but im very very confused. :?

Im trying to run Shrinefox's Mod Menu on my CFW PS3, thats really the only mod im interested in right now. I have downloaded the European PKG of Persona 5 and im already well into the game.

Im not sure how to put the mod in the game's files. Actually, I can not even use the Mod Compendium because everytime I load it up on my laptop it gives me a really long error.

I've also tried transfering the data.cpk file from the USDIR folder of ths game to my laptop via USB (FTP takes a long time) and then modifying the games files that way by putting the mod in. ...but the CriPakGUI app gives me an error (the app stops working) right when its nearly done unpacking - so it only unpacks 3/4th of the data.

I've read somewhere on the guides that I need to patch my own Eboot, unless I have the European version? Is that true? So what am I supposed to do next? I'd also love to know if you can somehow lose your save (that would be very discouraging!!)
Can someone please explain some things to me?

Where am I supposed to start?

Thank you so much!! Greatly appreciated!!
TGE
Been liked: 13 posts

What's the exact error message you're getting with Mod Compendium?
Have you tried following the steps described here: app.php/faqpage#f3r0
pikapie

TGE wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:15 am What's the exact error message you're getting with Mod Compendium?
Once I get to my laptop, I'll write down the error, thank you!

Quick question, do I have to patch my EBOOT?
"The EBOOT.BIN is different between regions, as well as between physical and digital releases of the game, so unless you have the European PSN version, you’ll have to patch your own EBOOT."

And when I do, it will recognize the patch.yml file, and allow mod.cpk support... so then when I use the Mod Compendium, it should make me a mod.cpk file, right?

Sorry for these newbie questions, im completely lost!
pikapie

TGE wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:15 am What's the exact error message you're getting with Mod Compendium?

This is the error I get, ive tried reinstalling it too :(
TGE
Been liked: 13 posts

Try installing the latest .NET runtime from here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/d ... -installer
pikapie

TGE wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:16 am Try installing the latest .NET runtime from here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/d ... -installer
...Oh, whoops, thats not compatible with my system. :(

Is there no other way to install the mod without it?

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.