How can i add accent marks to a game?

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
ElderLink
Has liked: 2 posts
Been liked: 1 post

thanks for the advice!
But when I'm trying to export the file, there's only three options : .fnt, .png and .xml :/
Alan3D
Has liked: 37 posts
Been liked: 23 posts

That's all you'd ever need, .fnt is what the game reads, png is the glyph bitmap with the chracters and .xml is the the cut data that tells the game what characters exist where. I uses to photoshop the new character in, plus editing the XML by following the pattern and assigning a keyboard key on PersonaEditor but i havent tried if the new real time viewer in PersonaEditor lets you do this without touching the XML. I recomend adding your custom characters over erasing japanese as it makes it easier to write.
azurassong

So, i'm using the Persona Editor, but when i import my translation to the .bf file, it changes my special characters to japanese characters. Anyone can help?
Alan3D
Has liked: 37 posts
Been liked: 23 posts

Thats probably because you edited japonese characters and because PersonaEditors fonts are untouched. Go to its font folder and put your modded font file, and copy paste and rename to match the fontcache of the games font you edited.
azurassong

Ok, so i did that, and while i fixed the problem in the Editor, when i mod my game, it doesn't work, it keeps loading only. I substituted the font in init.bin with a modified one already, any tips?

Edit: Nevermid, apparently my init.bin file was corrupted! It's working right now!
Last edited by azurassong on Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElderLink
Been liked: 1 post

ok so, my characters looks like this, now (thanks again for the advice!) (some of them are not placed correctly, but that's okay, I'll change them during tests)

Now, how do you modify the unicode ?
Niopack
Has liked: 8 posts
Been liked: 9 posts

Are you referring to how to code the font? Like, when you press "Ù" in your keyboard, while using Persona Editor or Persona Font to change a text, the character displayed is the actual "Ù" you created?

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.