[P5] Repacking folder with texture into .bin

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Zelkin
Has liked: 6 posts
Been liked: 12 posts

Hello,

I am currently working on upscaling the environments textures of persona 5 using waifu2x caffe, and used GFD studio to extract the data from their original .bin format.

I'd like to repack my modified textures back to a .bin file, such that replacing the textures using GFD studio can be done for a whole .bin file, and not each individual texture one by one.
Does anyone knows how I could do that ? There is a tool for the bustups, but not for field_tex bin files...
Last edited by Zelkin on Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best grill
Zelkin

So I made a bit of progress on the subject. Some .bin files are working correctly, whereas other don't.

I believe that the culprit is the small .txt file that exists only in the files which cannot be repacked. This file seem to tell the game how to replace the dummy textures in data.cpk models with the one in ps3.cpk (even though it's not always needed apparently)

So, the solution would be to modify GFD studio to properly repack the .txt file (which may not be expected in a file supposed to contain textures, models and animations). I have 0 knowledge how to do it however...

Also, GFD studio does not support the repacking of files with compression other than DXT1. Anything else becomes a buggy mess once in game.
Best grill
Zelkin

I asked TGE about this, and here is his answer:

"you shouldn't be editing the texture archives directly. You can export a texture dictionary to the bin format using the 'Convert to field texture archive' context menu option."

I have no idea how to create a texture dictionary (seems like it's suppose to be a .gtxd file ?). Also, there is no Convert to field texture archive context menu option in GFD studio.
TGE seems to be busy working on P4, so if anyone knows about this, please tell me ! ;)
Best grill
TGE
Been liked: 13 posts

I'm assuming you're the one who made the github issue. Just an FYI for everyone reading, we discussed this over at https://github.com/TGEnigma/GFD-Studio/issues/13

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.