Persona 3 - AI Upscale Textures Mod (Released)

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
MathRick007

Download it here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=230
-
BUSTUP works:

Original:
Upscale:

I also changed the intro screens and main menu textures.
However the intro is cropped, and the game crashes before the menu.

I didn't tested yet if the scenery textures works, cuz I haven't found the first scenery textures file.
Last edited by MathRick007 on Wed May 13, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MathRick007

The modded .iso also has lost compatibility with widescreen .pnach

Original 16:09
AI Upscale, 4:3 and Stretched:

Here is the mod files: https://sharemods.com/yfmcskex3r0p/ai_u ... t.zip.html

Only the ''BUSTUP'' works in-game without crashes.
I made this mod with Amicitia and ModCompendium.
MathRick007

[Tutorial] - How to enable widescreen on Persona 3/4 with mods.

The widescreen .pnach is named by the game crc and every time you apply a mod the game crc changes. So when you use mods, your game loses the widescreen fix provied by PCSX2.

To fix this issue is quite simple, all you need to do is go in the ''console', at top right corner by the side of SLUS or SLES there is a code with 8 digits, this code is also at line ''GSdx Lookup CRC:''
Copy the code, go to ''cheats_ws'' on PCSX2 folder and rename the widescreen .pnach with this code.
In my case, I'm using Persona 3:FES wich uses 94A82AAA.pnach, so I renamed this 94A82AAA.pnach to 94AA75C7.pnach and worked.

Berfore:
After:

But there still a problem:

The upscalated bustup's are stretched, as you can see here:
Original:
Modified:
MathRick007

It's finally fixed:
Using this method:

But, there still a problem with this method. It won't work with save states. The game only loads the modified files if you start a new game. Also, somehow, the modified files are trapped inside the save states. So even deleting the mods files, the game will still show them in-game.
In my case I deleted the AI Upscalated I_B_02C1.bin file but the game still show my modified file when I load a save state. Really strange.
MathRick007

Apparently there is a file size limit.
I made a 2K bust up texture, is a 4mb .bin, the game crashed.
The 1K bust up texture with 1MB works fine.
The original .bin file is 291.kb

Or even worse, it can be an vram limit. Maybe the game have a internal vram limit and it crashes when transpassed.

Is not a texture resolution limit.
I resized the main menu textures to 1k and still crashes.

PCSX2 Error log
MathRick007

Let's see if the game support at least the bustup's:

As I said, due to size limit, all upscales will be 2X.
There is almost 1000 bustup's files and all of them must be edited manually, there is no way to make an automated process, unfortunately.
The game can possibly crash due to limits, so this can be potentially a waste of time.

Now about the game scenery textures, I not sure if the game can handle it. Still need testing.

Original:
Waifu2X:
Topaz Gigapixel:
MathRick007

I started to upscale the videos to put back on the game.
2K Upscale test:

But the video didn't play in-game, pcsx2 shows this error:

Code: Select all

HTCI: File cache was not hit. "DATA¥SFD¥/GAME_START.SFD"
SFD ERROR(FF000F17): 'max_width, max_height' of creation parameter is small. Increase this value.
SRD: sceOpen error = -5
SRD: sceOpen error = -5
Either the game doesn't support high resolution videos or the problem is the program that I used to make the .sfd video (SEGA Dreamcast Movie Creator).
Alan3D
Has liked: 37 posts
Been liked: 23 posts

The game engine doesn't support videos higher res than the originals (check wiki for specifics), i take it you are not using Rexis's modded PCSX2 build for texture replacements?
MathRick007

Where I can find this build? I googled ''Rexi PCSX2'' and didn't find anything.

Is really an engine limitation? the engine can't handle videos higher than 640x488?
Or it is just a resolution cap? if is just a resolution cap, theoretically we could increase the number, just like the error log says ''creation parameter is small. Increase this value.''
The video resolution and length are placed in SLUS_216.21? there is really no way to edit those values?
Alan3D
Has liked: 37 posts
Been liked: 23 posts

No one has attemped to modify those values as far as i know so we don't know where or how but feel free to give it a try. And a tip, try repacking a video on the original resolution to see if the problem is your method first (pretty sure it doesnt like that much res but still)

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.