Is a Persona 3 FES HD mod any more feasible?

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
WorldspawnTCS
Been liked: 2 posts

Hello.

I've been playing Persona 3 FES with PCSX2 for a while now, and I've got it working and looking about as good as I can with Reshade, 5x Rendering, and Pnach codes for Widescreen, 60 FPS, and controllable party members in battle.

But since I've started, I was wondering if I could improve any textures. I looked around and mostly met answers that crushed my hopes it was possible. I've seen Texmod/Umod/Special K, that seem like hacky methods of doing it, and a few rare custom ISO's, like for Kingdom Hearts II that improve the Hud/UI elements.

I saw an old post from Shrinefox on Tapatalk, which introduced some more difficulties to the plan. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/amiciti ... t1171.html

I'm just wondering if there's been any progress with PCSX2 in the last two years that could make this any more feasible. I've discovered someone on the GameUpscale discord who's already upscaled a lot of Persona 3 Fes's textures with AI.

I'd be satisfied at the end of the day with a custom ISO like Kingdom Hearts II, that just makes the Hud and UI better, but even that's beyond my knowledge. Please let me know your thoughts. At any rate, I'll enjoy Persona 3 regardless. <3
Alan3D
Has liked: 37 posts
Been liked: 23 posts

It is currently not posible, and i have in fact joined here on the first place to make an HD UI mod myself which is currently a WIP, PelvisBass also has been testing cutscenes and character textures upscales just for fun as implementing them is out of the question for now. However just the other day Rexis started working on something to be able to replace textures with higher res ones in PCSX2, it is currently an early wip and no promises it will work as intended or released but theres hope at least.
WorldspawnTCS

Hope is all I need. Thanks for the response. I'm glad you're working on it, and I wish you the best. <3
WorldspawnTCS

The dream is alive, bois.

The Persona 3 HD mod will come to life soon™.
WorldspawnTCS

The first early alpha attempt at upscaling is in, and it didn't crash in my testing.

https://imgsli.com/MTYxNjQ

The upscaled shadows broke, but the rest looks good for a first attempt, I think.
Dlon93
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 1 post

I am very much looking forward to this. I'd rather just have an HD retexture, than a full on remake.
Greymanz
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 3 posts

How was this achieved? The private build of PCSX2? It looks fucking incredible so far, im really interested in how you decide to tackle character textures. Imo scaling up the textures would look wierd as they already kinda look off as is, faces at least. Maybe there's be a way to port in higher poly count models?
Alan3D

The texture replacement is achieved with Rexis' currently private PCSX2 build, while the upscaling is done with ESRGAN ai upscaling. As for higher poly count is not posible for two reasons, 1. The engine can't realy handle models being much higher poly than they are, 2. Is just not feasable because the game literal hundreed dupes of the same models for diferent events.
Alan3D

There is now a public PCSX2 plugin for HD texture replacements, it's still on the works so not recomended to do a full upscale currently but https://discord.gg/TPt4rE4Z
Lolcat
Has liked: 1 post

https://github.com/TopazTK/PCSX2-EX by Topaz also has texture replacements IIRC.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.