Custom models rendering in GFD Studio but not in-game on PS4.

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Ikuzu
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 1 post

I downloaded someone's custom models that were made for vanilla Persona 5 running on RPCS3 and tried using them in Royal. It loads the models but will not render the textures, leaving it looking like a mannequin. I'd post screenshots or link to the models but uh, well these are NSFW, and I know that's not allowed here. I'm just wondering why this is happening on a technical level because I can't figure it out. Why would RPCS3 and GFD Studio be able to render models a PS4 can't (or won't)? The 'P5 Community Patches' don't seem to apply to here, since I tried with and without them and it made no difference.

Eventually, Royal will be out on PC and people are going to be trying this anyway. They might run into the same issue.

Tags:
Zerron21
Has liked: 3 posts
Been liked: 2 posts

I can't really be of much help for 3D models since I rage quit dealing with them for P5 Royal, but assuming you just took the model files and moved them over to P5 Royal without editing them your issue might be related to materials not carrying over correctly, I'm not sure about GFD Studio and how capable it is of converting models for P5 Royal so maybe that's the issue instead? I wish I had more info about this.
Ikuzu
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 1 post

I thought it might be that, but even the face and hair textures don't render. And as far as I can tell, the face and hair textures + materials in the custom models are the same as the originals, down to the resolution. The custom model's body textures however are 4k, and I tried downscaling them to match the originals but that didn't make a difference either.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.