PS4 Update PKG creator is broken.

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Zerron21
Has liked: 3 posts
Been liked: 2 posts

The Shrinefox PS4 Update PKG creator for Persona 5 Royal (US) doesn't seem to work, the file downloaded is reported as an 'Invalid PS4 pkg file' by PS4-PKGViewer and installing it on my PS4 results in an Error code (CE-34706-0).

I thought this might me a corrupted download so I downloaded it again but got the same result, it doesn't seem like these files have been used before so if they're deprecated they might as well be removed and a redirection to the manual pkg creation should be put in it's place.
Last edited by Zerron21 on Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Which combination of patches did you use? I’ll test it on my end and reupload if it’s for sure broken. I’m also working on an offline solution at the moment, shouldn’t be too much longer until it’s ready. My apologies for the inconvenience!
Zerron21
Has liked: 3 posts
Been liked: 2 posts

I downloaded the PKG without selecting any extra patches aside from the default ones, I'm looking to see if it might be related to having to remarry the PKG files.

Also no worries man, I've done the manual patching method but because of some weird issues with how the game loads bgm.awb from mod.cpk I wanted to see if the Update PKG might have played a role in all of this, thank you for taking time to deal with these issues, you're the best.

UPDATE: Assuming that the PKG files that I downloaded are 100% uncorrupted (both download attempts), then the issue is the files themselves as every PKG tool refused to open them even the repackager script.
I also noticed that the update PKGs are missing some header information when compared to a working update FPKG.

ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

No problem, I appreciate the heads up that something went wrong! You're right, I think I terminated the generation process too soon before it could add the header. Looks like I'll have to regenerate most of them, but checking them with PS4-PKGViewer was a good idea. I can at least see which ones don't have to be recreated and that'll save me a lot of time. I'll resolve this as soon as I can

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.