ADX audio plays too loudly in game.

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Zerron21
Has liked: 3 posts
Been liked: 2 posts

I've been trying to modify the title screen song with another one, and for some reason when I tried verifying the changes the audio was very loud and distorted, I tried changing many settings in Audacity and the AtomEncoder tool to no avail, I even tried lowering the audio manually to cancel it out but that didn't work either.

I downloaded the audio using yt-dlp as .webm, lowered it with the 'Amplify' effect by '1.5dB' (I found someone suggest this to fix the issue for Sonic Adventure 2), then exported the .wav file as a "signed 16-bit PCM" file, then used SonicAudioTools and Aemulus to build the mod and moved it to the /data/p5r/, but each setting change I make either changes nothing, or results in muted audio.

I've searched all over the internet for solutions and saw a youtube video of P5R but even that didn't include any info about this issue, I think I'm being stupid and missing something here.
Last edited by Zerron21 on Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
Zerron21
Has liked: 3 posts
Been liked: 2 posts

I found the solution! Turned out I had to encrypt the adx files before packing them back into the bgm.awb file, I added a segment in the BGM.awb wiki page for Persona 5 Royal.
I used VGAudioCli with the following command to fix my issue just for anyone looking for a quick solution:

Code: Select all

VGAudioCli.exe -c -i 00030_streaming.adx -o 00030_streaming_enc.adx --keycode 22759300
substitute the Keycode with the one specific for your game's region, you can find a list here.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.