Thumbnails for .GMD models in Windows Explorer?

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Ikuzu
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 1 post

Can this be done? Being able to preview them like you would image files is something I've really wanted ever since I started modding Persona 5. I could use it now more than ever since I lost access to TTY logging after my PS3 died again for the third time.
DniweTamp
Has liked: 42 posts
Been liked: 90 posts

No.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

To add more context to the "No" (lol), it's theoretically possible, but there's no way to do it that wouldn't be extremely CPU intensive. You'd have to batch render all the models in a folder somehow (and from a view that would look good as a thumbnail), and then assign the previews to the files somehow. Keeping the previews up to date would require scanning for changes since the last render and re-rendering.

I don't hate the idea, but it's a lot of work and it'd definitely make your computer chug (at least the first time). The closest thing we have for now is the images on the wiki, but I see how this would be more convenient. I'd try it if I came up with a decent way to do it
Ikuzu
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 1 post

Okay. It's really only necessary for the new models added in Royal. As the wiki doesn't have a list for items (props).

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.