Removal of Player Advantage Text

Discuss hypothetical mods that nobody has taken on yet. Modders can choose to consider these ideas for their own projects.
Serph
Been liked: 3 posts

Hi

I am looking for the removal of the Player Advantage text that appears during pre-emptive strike on enemies in Persona 3 Portable

I will commission on Kofi if someone knows who can create a mod like this

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Tags:
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

So far I've only been able to find the ADVANTAGE!! PLAYER / ENEMY text, it's in umd0.cpk/data/init_free.bin/init/camp.bin/c_main_01.spr/c_main_07.tmx, which you can view and extract/replace with Amicitia.
I have no idea where the blue square effect is though, it's probably inside a BED/EPL somewhere. You can try extracting BEDs with BedTools and get models/textures from the resulting EPLs with this Python script.

Maybe you'd also have some luck dumping the texture with PPSSPP to see if its even a texture at all, and if so what else is included with it, maybe it could give you a lead.
Serph

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply, I dont really need the blue graphic gone or Enemy Advantage text, its just the Player Advantage text I want gone really it breaks Immersion for me.

Could I commission you to create the mod?

Thanks
ShrineFox
Site Admin

Sure thing! Lemme know if this works: Download

Here's my ko-fi, but it didn't take me much effort at all so don't feel like you have to!
I ended up removing the word ENEMY too, since they use the same ADVANTAGE sprite for both and it'd look weird if it only said ENEMY when you get ambushed. It's more consistent this way too.
Serph

Thanks

Don't worry about how long it takes you to do it because would took me ages to try sort out everything on my laptop to do will test out and support you then

The link brings me to mod of different playable characters is that right link?
ShrineFox
Site Admin

Whoops, I must’ve grabbed the wrong link, this should be it haha

Serph

Thanks works perfectly, I will send you support through Kofi

As matter of interest I have modded iso with muted bgm(No Music) but when I try install the mod you created for me it doesnt work on that Iso.

Unfortunately I do not have the orginal mod with muted bgm only the iso that it is installed on, Is there anyway of me installing your no playeradvantage text mod on that muted bgm iso or maybe creating the mute bgm mod again from the iso possible?

My skills would be very basic,
Ideally I would like to use the No Player Advantage mod and mute bgm mod together if possible.

Or would you have access to a mute bgm mod?

Any advice or help would be welcome.

Thanks
ShrineFox
Site Admin

Certainly, no problem! Here's a mod that should mute all the music:

Serph

Perfect, seems to work very well.

Thanks for all your help.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.