[P5] TTY Logging or equivalent for PS3.

Discuss hypothetical mods that nobody has taken on yet. Modders can choose to consider these ideas for their own projects.
Ikuzu
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 1 post

I've been modding the game practically blind because of this. From what I hear about running the game on RPCS3, it can tell you every file being loaded. For me that would be a game changer since I'd no longer have to guess anything. I mostly just want to know what animations are playing in cutscenes. Can TTY logs do that? Tell you the .GAP files being used.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

On a CFW PS3 you can follow the steps here (this is a very old guide so ignore the stuff about it being Japan only) to get the TTY log to output to PC via an ethernet connection: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/amiciti ... t1183.html

The exact name and location of the GAP file should show up the first time it's loaded, but it won't tell you the exact index of each animation as it's used. For that you'd have to use GFD Studio to preview the animations, but it's at least a start
Ikuzu
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 1 post

Thanks for that. It looks pretty simple and easy. Unlike finding a working download link for ProDG in 2020 at 5am when I'm dog tired and frustrated. At least I won't have to mess with RPCS3 though. :lol:

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.