[P4G PC] 4:3 aspect ratio mod

Discuss hypothetical mods that nobody has taken on yet. Modders can choose to consider these ideas for their own projects.
DDS

I'm wondering if it would be possible to add a true 4:3 aspect ratio to this game. So basically, the game would only render everything inside of a 4:3 box, and it would simply not display the information on the sides. The UI would then be re-scaled and re-positioned to fit within in the new frame. The anime cutscenes would be shown in their original aspect ration, just pillarboxed. I really like playing PS2 era games on a CRT, but right now the game cannot function in that aspect ratio as it should.
DDS

So would this be doable? I haven't nodded before, but if someone can point me in the right direction I can try
lssjcorey
Been liked: 2 posts

I am not really sure as the whole game would more than likely need to be reframed as UI elements and characters were repositioned for the 16:9 aspect ratio of the PS VITA. Honestly I hope this becomes possible eventually so I can play on my CRT as well, or at least some shaders to make it look like a PS2 on composite through a CRT like those used in MAME
DDS

I'd be okay with the character positioning being jank, because adjusting all of that seems like it would be too much of a hassle. And it seems like that shouldn't break the game or anything. Just cutting off the edges and reframing the UI is all that would be necessary, sth this minor shouldn't be a big undertaking. I've been trying to figure out how to adjust these myself, but I have no clue what I'm doing

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.