P5 Mod Request: No borders during cutscenes.

Discuss hypothetical mods that nobody has taken on yet. Modders can choose to consider these ideas for their own projects.
Ikuzu
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 1 post

I asked about how to do this myself once before and was pointed towards a HUD patch I can't use because I play on PS3. So I'm requesting a regular mod be made that hides the black borders during cutscenes if possible. And also the game's calendar date if that can be done. Or at the very least, does anyone know which files in the data folder they are? I don't really know how to make mods from scratch, I only know how to modify existing ones.
chlorophylls
Has liked: 9 posts
Been liked: 28 posts

Ikuzu wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:17 pm I asked about how to do this myself once before and was pointed towards a HUD patch I can't use because I play on PS3. So I'm requesting a regular mod be made that hides the black borders during cutscenes if possible. And also the game's calendar date if that can be done. Or at the very least, does anyone know which files in the data folder they are? I don't really know how to make mods from scratch, I only know how to modify existing ones.
Hi, I was looking into pretty much the exact same thing too, in the past. I tried to make a mod for it, and I know it worked too, but trying to run it now for some reason it keeps getting access violation errors, so maybe giving you the file locations will work for you.

You want:

resident/CinemaScope.plg - The black borders during cutscenes. Here is a dummied out PLG to replace it:

For the date HUD, calendar/cldresrc.pac/p5_field_day.spd is what you want; those are the textures for the dates, weather, etc. I think these are what's causing the access violation errors for me right now. Maybe you'll have better luck.

I remember that even with all the file replacements, I still had to use the hide HUD patch to get the full look I wanted, but I hope this is a helpful start. If I remember correctly, you can also use the Mod Menu to enable/disable 8959 in Flags for the date HUD.
Ikuzu
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 1 post

Thanks a lot! I'll try these out and report back with my findings if I get them to work on PS3. :)

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.