Some info on P4G pc saves

Discuss hypothetical mods that nobody has taken on yet. Modders can choose to consider these ideas for their own projects.
seelenamt
Been liked: 1 post

Actually creating a mod is out of my league, but I have a few things I've figured out so far; so I wanted to share it (I mentioned a bit in the twitter thread where Shrinefox was talking about saves) since shrinefox expressed interest in potentially updating the save editor

Vita and PC saves are different in size, but (apparently) similar in structure. The vita save I pulled from my console is ~224 kb, whereas the PC save is 212 kb and with a corresponding ".binslot" file for each save slot (~1 kb). The p4g 1.6 save editor appears to work for the PC*, but there's a catch. As far as I can tell, editing either file stops the game from recognizing it; you don't get an error, nothing shows up in its spot.

You can actually get around that though: If you open up the load menu, then edit the file, and then load it, it seems to work. This is how I've managed to use some of the save editing tools so far; I was able to change izanagi's level and move set, change the day, etc

(*I'm not particularly far in, so I haven't been able to test much)

The "binslot" files start with "0001SAVE" followed by a string of what looks like gibberish, followed by the player name, which is also included again further down. (In the screenshot, the player name also looks like gibberish, because it is in full width latin characters and HxD doesn't support UTF-8)

My uneducated guess is that it's some sort of checksum, but that the game only actually checks it when opening the loading menu. But again, it's an uneducated guess.

The reason I was poking around at all was to find what bits to change to make it so I could play on NG+ (Never done a NG+ run in P4G, only beat it for the first time a few months back), I was able to narrow it down some. By replacing 0x194C-0x1965 + 0x00001304 with the values below from my unstarted NG+ save file from my vita, loading the save immediately starts with the NG+ carry-over prompt (YMMV).

0x0000194C-0x00001965, chances are only some of these actually need to be changed, but I'm sort of lazy.

Code: Select all

06 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 09 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 09 00 05 00 07 00 00 00 78 01
0x00001304

Code: Select all

Red9419
Been liked: 1 post

Maybe already discovered, but the gibberish following SAVE0001 is a combination of what I believe to be 2 checksums. There is an MD-5 hash of your 'data00XX.bin' starting from 10x08 to 20x07. I am unsure about the one that precedes this as this sort of stuff is beyond my technical knowledge haha
CeeJiggy

Hi, I was curious if there was any progress on this. I'm looking to see if its possible to start a fresh file in P4G PC and once I have a save file created to set it to NG+. Want to do a full run with no starting money or compendium but eventually want to fight Margaret and fuse Izanagi-no-Okami. I've played Golden like 4 times and while I do love the game, I'm only looking for a 5th play through at the moment. Thanks!

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.