Persona 4 mod for pc

Discuss hypothetical mods that nobody has taken on yet. Modders can choose to consider these ideas for their own projects.
Deisuke
Has liked: 3 posts
Been liked: 3 posts

Hi guys,

Some rumors that has likley support that persona 4 will get released for pc.

https://steamdb.info/app/1113000/subs/

I requested just in case.
DniweTamp
Has liked: 42 posts
Been liked: 90 posts

They aren't just rumors anymore. someone has the game already. And yes, modding is possible.
Deisuke

awsome
Ahkri The Killjoy
Has liked: 1 post
Been liked: 1 post

So... How come, out of the blue, Persona 4 Golden is now on PC? What the hell, Atlus!?
Seek your lasting future in the Dreamscape~
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

I guess they really wanted to kill the momentum for vita3k's development lol
Greymanz
Has liked: 4 posts

Honestly looking at P4G, it seems like itll be easily moddable or the worst pain in the ass in the series. All the data files have the same prefixes so I'd assume you can use the same tools to edit things like audio/cutscenes/stats

But then there's the EXE. I cant even begin to think about how to crack open the assets in that thing, which is what we'd need to do to edit any models or textures. I also dont know how Denuvo works with it so itd be an issue of trying to modify the game without triggering any DRM, at least until someone removes Denuvo from the game. Having it in an EXE form might be great for us though since its a much more widely researched executable format than the PS2 executables.

Can someone who's more knowledgable than me give a better overview of what we are looking at here? Modding this version seems like it could either be nearly impossible or a lot more forgiving on this version. Id like to know the possibilities and limits of modding the PC port.
Alan3D
Has liked: 37 posts
Been liked: 23 posts

Modding P4G PC seems perfectly doable, the only thing Denuvo stops is .exe mods... but .dll injetion might be fine still? (We havent tested that) but Models, videos, and textures should be fine. https://twitter.com/ShrineFoxMods/statu ... 29634?s=20
Deisuke

Well I know that audio modding should be no issue at all.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.