Digital Devil Saga Opening Swap

Discuss hypothetical mods that nobody has taken on yet. Modders can choose to consider these ideas for their own projects.
HowardHeyman

A little bit of background context.

When Digital Devil Saga was first released on Japan, it featured an original opening theme named "Pray" composed by Shoji Meguro, which was significant to the story of the game as it is an expanded rendition of the song that Sera sings to ease the hunger of the Embryon tribe.

During the localization process, ATLUS USA decided to replace this song with a completely unrelated licensed theme "Danger" by Etro Anime, which has mostly nothing to do with the story of the game and was probably done for marketing purposes. When the game was released on Europe however, Ghostlight decided to use the original opening theme by Shoji Meguro.

Seeing as how the new opening theme has little relevance to the story of the game and doesn't really fit the game in any way, I'd love to be able to play Digital Devil Saga with its original opening theme intact on a US version of the game. Is that really possible with the current modding knowledge of the PS2 Shin Megami Tensei games? If so, I'd love to know how.

Before you suggest playing the European version instead if all I want is the opening, there are a few problems with that. Mainly, that I can't transfer saves between regional versions of the game, so if I want to play my US copy of Digital Devil Saga 2 and transfer my save, I'd have to play a US version of the first game. Moreover, PAL releases usually have slower speeds due to the PAL standard of 50hz being enforced on most PAL releases, making playing a European version of the game less than ideal.

Tags:
itzblitzog
Has liked: 7 posts
Been liked: 13 posts

But Danger is gas :hee_cry:

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.