[PC] [OBSOLETE] Remastered Cutscenes Pack

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 4 Golden for the PSVita and PC.
rudiger__sf
Has liked: 14 posts
Been liked: 31 posts

OBSOLESCENCE NOTICE
As of v1.1 of the game, this pack is not the direct upgrade it used to be. Atlus have fixed a number of the most significant issues this mod originally sought to address and I can therefore no longer recommend it as the upgrade it once was.

After numerous conversations since 1.1 released, I've decided to retire the pack. If you want the best experience in P4G and you're on the latest version of the game, do not use these files. I will not be providing support for this mod anymore.

I hope you'll look forward to any mods I publish in future. Thanks.
FEATURES
- Completely new .USM files that have been reassembled and re-encoded from upscales of the original, Japanese PS Vita files
- Frame rates restored to (native) 29.97 FPS - an improvement over the initial PC version's 15 FPS files (REV 2008)
- Original aspect ratio restored, fixing the cropped (and in the beta, stretched) images present in the original PC videos
- Improved noise reduction with manually re-edited transitions and fades
- Redrawn text sequences (e.g. the opening disclaimer, "Characters, art and storylines depicted...")
- English and Japanese language tracks retained from the original PC files

You can find a full description of this mod with additional screenshots, installation steps and download links in my Gamebanana thread.

CREDITS
TGEnigma for p4gpc.modloader
Sewer56 for The Reloaded Project, Reloaded-II
PelvisBass for their time and advice
LordCheesusCrust for their help getting the Vita files decrypted
tbmg12345 for their upscaling assistance
ShrineFox and all the contributors for the very helpful Amicitia Wiki and Forum
Last edited by rudiger__sf on Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:44 am, edited 10 times in total.
Maggg2000
Been liked: 1 post

Great work on the mod, it looks great. Without the recommended "Large Address Aware Patch" I had issues, but it works great with it. I also tried the mod with Hotfix_01a. I did not need the "Large Address Aware Patch" when using the hotfix, but the hotfix had other issues.
Fewtch
Has liked: 3 posts
Been liked: 1 post

Maggg2000 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:48 pm Great work on the mod, it looks great. Without the recommended "Large Address Aware Patch" I had issues, but it works great with it. I also tried the mod with Hotfix_01a. I did not need the "Large Address Aware Patch" when using the hotfix, but the hotfix had other issues.
Yeah, it caused more issues for me than it fixed to I switched back to the initial release. That and it didn't play well with most of the mods/loaders we have in place
rudiger__sf

Maggg2000 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:48 pm Great work on the mod, it looks great. Without the recommended "Large Address Aware Patch" I had issues, but it works great with it. I also tried the mod with Hotfix_01a. I did not need the "Large Address Aware Patch" when using the hotfix, but the hotfix had other issues.
Thanks for testing. I learned just yesterday that although it's not in the release notes for the branch, ATLUS have fixed the "large address aware" issue in Hotfix_01a, so the manual patch is not necessary for that version. I've updated the OP too so people are aware.

See Kaldaien's post (#142): https://steamcommunity.com/app/1113000/ ... 2464565286
rudiger__sf

NEW UPDATE
[18th July 2020] Stable release (v1.0)
- Chinese, Japanese and Korean disclaimer text has been redrawn (p4ct001)
- Japanese "The Golden" credits sequences have been added (p4ct017, p4ct042)
rudiger__sf

NEW UPDATE
[3rd September 2020] Stable release (v1.5)
- Re-encoded to work with the latest version of Persona 4 Golden on Steam, Version 1.1 (REV 2033).
- Further reductions to stuttering thanks to better support for wmv3 in REV 2033.
- "Large Address Aware Patch" has been removed from the "Requirements" section of my installation instructions since the issue this fixed has been resolved in REV 2033.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.