[Multiplatform] Persona 4 Golden Save Converter

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 4 Golden for the PSVita and PC.
cabbage
Been liked: 35 posts

This repo:

https://github.com/zarroboogs/p4g-saveconv

contains:
  • convert_vita2pc.py, a utility that converts P4G PS Vita saves to P4G PC saves:
    • PS Vita data00XX.bin and system.bin files are converted to the PC format (see FAQ #1 in README.md).
    • PS Vita sdslot.dat file is converted to PC data00XX.binslot files (see FAQ #2 in README.md).
    This tool will convert the above into proper PC .bin/.binslot files.

There's no need to edit any hashes manually.
  • convert_pc2vita.py, a utility that converts P4G PC saves to P4G PS Vita saves.
-----

WARNING: REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR SAVES BEFORE USING THIS TOOL.

-----

Refer to README.md for more info.

Last edited by cabbage on Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kiter27

Hello! I'm not exactly sure I understand how to do this, as I'm not familiar with python. Could you by chance make a video going over this, or possibly help me out? I'm not exactly sure where to start, and I'd really like to port my Vita saves over to PC.
Greymanz
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 3 posts

Oh wow, nice work on this! As an extra feature, do you think itd be possible to make it so you can convert it the other way around?
cabbage

@Greymanz I added a separate script to the repo linked in the OP to convert PC saves to PS Vita saves, though I haven't tested it much.

@Kiter27 assuming you're on Win10:
1. Download and install the latest version of Python 3
2. Follow the guide in README.md to export your saves from Vita to PC
3. Download the convert_vita2pc.py script from the repository to you PC
4. Put the script in a dir that contains the save dir you exported from Vita
5. Open cmd.exe in that directory, and execute (assuming the save dir you exported from vita is called PCSE00120):

Code: Select all

python.exe .\convert_vita2pc.py PCSE00120
The script will output the converted saves to a new PCSE00120_conv dir, and after that you only need to copy the contents to the correct path (see README.md).
thearceuc

I've noticed while it converts the saves, upon loading them into the PC version, the game crashes. It appears to be an issue with the converted system.bin and system.binslot files. I'm going to do a little more testing to see if I can possibly find a workaround in the meantime.

EDIT: Appears to just be the converted system.bin.
cabbage

Are you sure it's not something else? Maybe a mod you have installed? Or maybe an encrypted save?

It's just that system.bin doesn't get converted, it's copied directly from the PS Vita save (it's the same format).

All the converter does is generate a proper system.binslot to go with it.

Just to show that this should work, I tried converting a PS Vita save to a PC save -- the TV Listings segment below was read from the system.bin file.
Spoiler
Last edited by cabbage on Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
thearceuc

I managed to fix the issue. It looks like for some reason the MD5 hash still needed to be manually edited with saves from that specific Vita. I tried it with my other Vita and it ended up working fine. Did nothing differently between the two, so I have no clue why it wasn't working properly.
chieFSTEAK

Whenever I compile the code and try to run the file it doesn't generate a conversion folder for some reason
-specifically for the vita2pc version

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.