[PC] Catch-All Enhancements Thread

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 4 Golden for the PSVita and PC.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Here's a compilation of resources to make your P4G experience a great one with a little tweaking.

4GB Memory Patch
As described here, as the game is 32-bit, it can't use more than 2 GB of RAM. This patch for Steam\steamapps\common\Day\P4G.exe makes it use up to 4GB on 64-bit systems.

Unp4cker
Unp4cker is a PowerShell script which uses GNU CoreUtils to automatically identify and extract P4G PC video files. It can also repackage them for in-game playback, although this feature is currently experimental.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2130785808

SpecialK_P4G
A set of .ini and .dll files that go in Steam\steamapps\common\Day to enable an in-game overlay/menu with a plethora of helpful options related to resolution, window borders, mouse/keyboard capture, motion blur, volume, pause/mute toggle on window focus loss (alt+tab etc), cursor visibility, and much more.
Extract to:Steam\steamapps\common\Persona 4 Golden (or "Day" depending on the version of the game)
Usage:You can open the menu by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Backspace at any time in-game. Be sure to also edit dxgi.ini in notepad and change OverrideRes=3840x2160 to your resolution before starting it.
Download:
More Info: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1113000/ ... 666858712/

Intro Logo Skip by TGE

Vita Save Porting Guide (also works for save editing
Guide
Save Editor
Be sure to back up your saves to somewhere safe before you attempt this! If you overwrite your save with a Vita/edited one and accidentally back out of the load save screen, the PC version will no longer load your save due to the integrity hash being incorrect!
Save over your own save in-game after loading it to update the hash with your edits properly, or else you'll also lose your save if you quit before the next time you save.
Alternatively, calculate the md5sum of your Vita save and paste (overwrite) the result at offset 0x18 in data0001.binslot of your PC save to get it to show up without already having the screen open with a valid save. Info might not be correct but it'll load and then you can re-save.
MasterFoodsBBQSauce
Has liked: 2 posts

You didn't provide a link to SpecialK_P4G, which is unfortunate; I can't seem to find any mention of this set of files anywhere else, either.
Alan3D
Has liked: 37 posts
Been liked: 23 posts

"Special K Persona 4" gives me this on google, Special K is used in many games so perhaps you just didn't find the right now, here you go https://steamcommunity.com/app/1113000/ ... 666858712/
MasterFoodsBBQSauce
Has liked: 2 posts

Alan3D wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:32 am "Special K Persona 4" gives me this on google, Special K is used in many games so perhaps you just didn't find the right now, here you go https://steamcommunity.com/app/1113000/ ... 666858712/
Thank you for the link! I don't know how to actually use it, though, and all I really want is to disable the automatic pause on lost focus.

...And where Rise's All-out Attack boost levels are located in the savefile, but that's unrelated to this...
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

My bad, must've forgotten to add the hyperlinks after writing that. The files go in Steam\steamapps\common\Persona 4 Golden (or "Day" depending on the version of the game)
You can open the menu by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Backspace. Be sure to also edit dxgi.ini in notepad and change OverrideRes=3840x2160 to your resolution before starting it

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.