P3D Models in P3P? Would this work on emulator?

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 3 Portable for the PSP.
TridentOfTheAbyss

Hey, I've been getting pretty deep into Persona modding, especially Persona 3 Portable. For the past few days, I've been trying to mod the Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight models into P3P, but to no avail. Is this even possible, and if so, where do I start? Thanks.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it might actually be impossible to have models that high poly modded into P3P. I remember people really struggling with the memory limitations importing models from FES/P4 (which are also really low poly). You might get away with replacing one model with a well-optimized Dancing/P5 styled one, but the game will still probably crash when too much is onscreen (like enemies/bosses).

As for how, the gmotool in this zip should be able to convert FBX => MDS and MDS => GMO (or GMO => MDS if you need to troubleshoot and compare data). People usually use Noesis to rip the P3P models from GMO for editing in Blender/3DSMax: https://richwhitehouse.com/index.php?co ... ojects.php
tsuruga

Actually, there's this person on twitter who's working in this project:

But it ain't released yet
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Wow I gotta give them props, it's clever using renders of the Dancing models as bustup textures. I still don't think it would work in battle using actual 3D models without increasing the VRAM limit somehow, but it's cool to see in events nonetheless

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.