[RELEASE] P3P: The Shadow Hour (Update 2/1/2021)

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 3 Portable for the PSP.
AugmentedAntics
Been liked: 4 posts

Metadata
Hyperlink ID: p3p-the-shadow-hour
Full Mod Title: P3P: The Shadow Hour
Games: P3P
Authors: Augmented Antics
Version: 1.0
Tags: gameplay, difficulty
Welcome to P3P: The Shadow Hour! An issue I've always had with this game was how your party always seemed to outclass the enemies, which I would assume is because the game wasn't rebalanced with the new features in mind. This mod attempts to rectify this, at least somewhat, by making the enemies retain their competition against you throughout the game.

Changes include:
-Some rebalancing inspired by the New Moon patch
-Generally increased enemy difficulty that presents an upward curve instead of a downward plateau
-And more!

UPDATE (2/1/2021)
-Corrected some typos in the changes.txt
-Corrected affinities of some Red Shadows that were missed

---Included an Anti-Tedium Add-On that's meant to mitigate some of the boring, needless grinding, particularly for money and materials. Details on what was changed is included in the changes.txt. Remember to give the Add-On HIGHER priority above the Shadow Hour in the Mod Compendium. Unfortunately, there is currently no Aemelus support for P3P, so the Add-On is meant to be used with the base mod in case you wanted to use it by itself. This Add-On was included separately from the base mod for those who believe it will disrupt the balance of the game.

There are too many changes to feasibly list here, so please read the changes.txt included with the mod for a comprehensive list of all of them.

This mod was rigorously tested from start-to-finish on Maniac difficulty, so unless I missed something along the way, the entire game is playable and beatable. Foreknowledge of the game isn't required, but recommended to have.

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd811jkt42owy ... r.rar?dl=0
Add-On: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xlweumgq8vjo ... n.rar?dl=0
Spreadsheet Row

Code: Select all

p3p-the-shadow-hour	P3P: The Shadow Hour	P3P	Augmented Antics	1.0	01/27/2021	gameplay, difficulty	Welcome to P3P: The Shadow Hour! An issue I've always had with this game was how your party always seemed to outclass the enemies, which I would assume is because the game wasn't rebalanced with the new features in mind. This mod attempts to rectify this, at least somewhat, by making the enemies retain their competition against you throughout the game.	 	https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/tTQOyzeCmAM9h9uF43cXY0qCjVZGegdMsEg9yh3C8XXafGeAPpH_SBR8RL6C-myu-DPHQ5F7-77TCBTMpf-ZJsavwh5qhzW9U8oF9QFplL_0xWQ3EVyFkbs1ou8ko9xreZcOXpMfoNRn_RmweDbosr52KB7CsxrSXO7jabprrQyqj5fLKQFz_BgsBml96vilU71bGcwWMjPcmgf0wJqigxtjQom-k	https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd811jkt42owyjn/The%20Shadow%20Hour.rar?dl=0	Mod	folder-open	 	mPt1FCy1Kzs1	 	 	 	 	 	
Last edited by AugmentedAntics on Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Phoenix
Has liked: 12 posts
Been liked: 26 posts

He really called full moon instead of new moon

Nah jk, this looks awesome! I'll be looking into this
AugmentedAntics

Phoenix wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:18 am He really called full moon instead of new moon

Nah jk, this looks awesome! I'll be looking into this
Whoops! I had to redo this post a few times because the new formatting was somewhat confusing, so I was getting kinda sick of rewriting it. That's fixed, now.
Shrinefox Cumdumper
Has liked: 2 posts
Been liked: 2 posts

oh coollllll it been forever since a p3p been made
AugmentedAntics

New update posted! Check OP for details.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.