[PS3] Rebalance (WIP)

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 5 for PS3 and PS4.
JustAnotherAnon
Been liked: 2 posts

First off, I want to give a big thank you to everyone whole helped create the mod tools that make all this possible, you are the real MVP's

I am working on a mod that re-balances items, skills, and some personas to make stuff that's useless less useless. The reason I am making this is after playing through P5 for the first time (on hard) there was a lot of stuff that was just a waste of time to do/gather after the second palace, some examples:

-Soda gathering was pointless since it gives so little SP and is tedious
-Item crafting anything other than lockpicks is pointless since the item effects are weak and the time cost so high
-Most persona are only good for 5-10 levels after you get them (this is fine for most but a waste for the DLC Persona)
-Electric Chair gear is worse or not much better than what you can buy from Untouchable
-Speed Reading book is useless by the time you get it
-Jobs give little benefit

stuff I have done so far (more details in edits log READ ME file in mod):
-gave Arsene 16 skills from level 0 to 66, including ones that he has in the opening stage
-gave Kaguya 16 skills
-tweaked some ultimate weapon stats and effects
-altered some of the items created via electric chair
-tweaked some team member persona's
-double damage of attack items and gave some of them status effects

To-Do list:
-increase Counter skill(s) activation chance
-make block/rpl/drain physical traits also work on guns
-make food items restore set amount + percentage
-Move speed reading book to school library (like in Royal)
-Give all DLC Persona bigger skill sets
-decrease money from fights
-increase drop rate
-Set exp earned on higher difficulties to same as Royal
-Slightly nerf some stuff from Untouchable
-Buff most Gear made via Electric Chair

Stuff I want to do but is probably impossible
-Lock Arsene in Jokers first slot and marry his stats to Jokers the same way your teammates Persona work
-Make twins fight available in first playthrough
-Expand compendium to be able to withdraw your teammates persona on NG+
-Make some food items only usable outside of battle
-cap # times you can use Takemedic per day to 2

The problem I have right now is locating the things I want to change, a good bit of what I want to change is in the table file under Battle but I can't seem to find the code for the item effects and passive effects, I am assuming it will be normal C code in some archive file that needs to be unpacked but I have no idea where it might be after reading though the wiki and looking though the files. If anyone on here could help me out with the file location I would be grateful.

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BXFPVZ ... sp=sharing
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Thanks for sharing this, it's always nice to see quality of life mods for these games! Keep it up
JustAnotherAnon
Been liked: 2 posts

@ShrineFox thanks, I will try to work on it as time allows, It's midterms right now so I am bit swamped. Do you know where the data/scripts for item effects are stored? I am having a hard time finding them, ideally I was hoping to rewrite a good bit of them but can't seem find them.
Westtek

Will the bosses be harder in this mod?
yanil
Has liked: 1 post
Been liked: 1 post

I really liked what you did with Arsene and would have loved to work this mod simultaneously with the Big Personas backport mod but unfortunately, I think both mods edit the same files. Is there any workaround to use both mods at the same time? I understand it's more likely not possible but like I said if there is a way I would really be glad to hear it. However, it is a great mod anyway. Thanks.
prdsbrave

How does it apply? I did it for compendium mod and it didn't work

Thanks.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.