Colorful Battle UI

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 5 for PS3 and PS4.
itzblitzog
Has liked: 7 posts
Been liked: 13 posts

Thank you everyone for helping, but I gave up. It boots and it's only a black screen and I've tried many EBOOT.ELF and EBOOT.BIN files. Maybe it'll become easier in the future, but as of right now it doesn't work on Hen
ReLyf
Has liked: 2 posts
Been liked: 19 posts

itzblitzog wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:57 pm Thank you everyone for helping, but I gave up. It boots and it's only a black screen and I've tried many EBOOT.ELF and EBOOT.BIN files. Maybe it'll become easier in the future, but as of right now it doesn't work on Hen
Oh it works on HEN you just did it wrong
you probably formatted the EBOOT in 4.XX instead of 3.XX ALT
and this is the easiest it can get
Random human with one braincell

and most of the thing i make wont make sense
or looks very very bad
so dont question it
itzblitzog

ReLyf wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:17 am
itzblitzog wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:57 pm Thank you everyone for helping, but I gave up. It boots and it's only a black screen and I've tried many EBOOT.ELF and EBOOT.BIN files. Maybe it'll become easier in the future, but as of right now it doesn't work on Hen
OK, I'll try this again once I have the chance.
itzblitzog

Thank you! It worked this time, I probably formatted the EBOOT in 4.xx like you said.
itzblitzog

Thank you! It worked this time, I did format the EBOOT in 4.xx like you said. Didn't know it had to be 3.xx alt format tho
ReLyf
Has liked: 2 posts
Been liked: 19 posts

itzblitzog wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:13 am
Thank you! It worked this time, I did format the EBOOT in 4.xx like you said. Didn't know it had to be 3.xx alt format tho
Because HEN PS3 is version 3.XX
4.XX is CFW
Random human with one braincell

and most of the thing i make wont make sense
or looks very very bad
so dont question it
HaythamQuake
Has liked: 25 posts
Been liked: 10 posts

UPDATE 4: Finally, after about a month of hard work, Colorful Battle UI - Kasumi Edition is now available!

Let me explain what I've done:
  • Re-ported Darkechi and Kasumi's battle sprites from the public Chinese dump of Royal
  • Scaled said sprites to the exact dimensions and quality of the vanilla PS3 sprites, this helped clean them up too
  • Made a custom battle_active_pp.plg that brings Kasumi's and Darkechi's plgs to a 99% accurate scale using Joker's plg as a base of reference; this was done as the .plg was seemingly absent in the Darkechi+Kasumi patch
    (Special thanks to Century_ for helping me out and lipsum for troubleshooting)
  • Messed with the .spdspr data to include all of the sprites and for easier editing
  • Doing so, I was able to have the location of Kasumi's bottom hand in her Battle Active sprite to the correct place it should be as well as recover Darkechi's pinky finger that I noticed was missing in his Battle Active sprite from the Darkechi mod

With all said and done, all of my efforts have made it that Kasumi's battle sprites are about 99% accurate to how they are in P5R, whereas Darkechi's are a little lower than I would like it to be as in order to edit his positioning in-game it would require an eboot patch, which I don't know how to do, however I am satisfied with how it is at the moment.
Comparing this to my first update post on page 1, this is a major improvement and overall achievement for me.

On top of this, CBUI Darkechi Edition has been updated to 2.0 since I've redone his sprites.
I'll leave the download links here and on the first post on page 1 as usual.

Please enjoy!

Colorful Battle UI - DK Edition: https://mega.nz/file/PA5SlBhS#CvlKMqSMs ... xVPdUIQLNI
Colorful Battle UI - Darkechi Edition 2.0: https://mega.nz/file/aN420R7Z#xZ1TgNF1B ... bUWYOhEjek

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.