This mod is supposed to be used with the Mod Compendium. It restores the unused costume dialogue found in P5R, which has been translated from the originally-Japanese text to English, thanks to the efforts of various fan translators and editors.
The unused script originally also had no portraits except for the neutral one; these have been edited with portraits to better fit the dialogue. Keep in mind that this is a fan translation of unused dialogue.
Note that the only dialogue that has been fully translated, edited, and coded into this mod so far is for all party members except Akechi and Futaba, due to the differing speeds at which different translators and editors work. This mod is a beta/work in progress, and will be updated for the other characters when possible.
>> GOOGLE DRIVE DOWNLOAD LINK <<
To use it, with an outfit equipped (on Joker and/or any of the party members), talk to any one of your party members at the dungeon entrance (not safe rooms) and select "How's the clothes?" (this option only pops up if Joker or the party member has a non-default costume equipped).
Party members have dialogue for what Joker is wearing, as well as dialogue for what they themselves are wearing.
This mod only works for the costumes available in vanilla at the moment. (Royal costume backporting is in progress, however, as seen by Saitsu's mod here proving that it's possible.)
- P4 DLC costume - ハイカラ = An old-fashioned/"hick"/country way of saying "fashionable", especially when someone from Tokyo uses it, hence why "groovy" was the phrasing decided on. A reference to Yu from the Persona 4 anime, who would consistently use that phrase to describe his garish pink swimming trunks.
- Raidou DLC costume - Raidou's favorite food is candied sweet potatoes with lots of honey (source: the Raidou manga), which is why she thinks of it when looking at Joker. Candied sweet potatoes were also a popular snack among university students in Tokyo in the Taisho era, the time period in which the Raidou games take place.
- Catherine DLC costume - An exact reference to one of Katherine's lines in the beginning of Catherine.
- P1 DLC costume - This dialogue is completely off for Makoto's character in these lines, and looking at the original Japanese text, the speech didn't match Yuka or Eriko's, so it was decided that it was most likely Yukino she's mirroring.
- P1 DLC costume - 原点 also translates as "point of origin", aka the starting point of the Persona games. Basically a meta joke that's hard to carry over in English.
- Pan, for datamining the original unused costume dialogue file
- @wafumayo, for translating Haru, Yusuke, and Makoto's dialogue
- @ballpointdeath for translating Ann, Ryuji, and Morgana's dialogue
- TGE, for developing the Atlus Script Compiler and Amicitia; this wouldn't even exist otherwise
- 8/25/20 - Initial beta released; dialogue for Haru, Yusuke, and Makoto's vanilla costumes have been translated and edited
- 9/6/20 - Updated with dialogue for Ann, Ryuji, and Morgana. Fixed the flowscript with hooking functions, so ultra-thin character model errors shouldn't be as much of a problem anymore.