[PS3] (1.3 Update) 4K Upscaled Persona 5 Royal Bustups Mod

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 5 for PS3 and PS4.
shst
Has liked: 1 post
Been liked: 2 posts

LagBeam wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:02 am What are you aiming for by stripping transparency? ability to use software that doesn't process it right?
Kind of. realsr-ncnn supports transparency, but resulting outlines are too blurry and have some weird artifacts as well (like here, look at the lowest part of headphones). And it is still noticeable if you downscale it to 1.5k.
LagBeam wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:02 am if you want to make outline smaller - I checked the image and it simply isn't smaller - it's bigger.
When downscaled back to 768x, outline size is exactly the same as on original bustups.
LagBeam wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:02 am Your performance is unfortunately tanked by your RX460 - in which case I'm fully willing to leverage upscaling job by utilizing my RX5700XT.
That's very generous, but it won't need it in a while, at least as long as I don't finish testing it up.
LagBeam
Has liked: 5 posts
Been liked: 1 post

shst wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:25 am Kind of. realsr-ncnn supports transparency, but resulting outlines are too blurry and have some weird artifacts as well (like here, look at the lowest part of headphones). And it is still noticeable if you downscale it to 1.5k.
Now i see the issue, thanks for bringing it up. Cupscale actually has modes to deal with this issue as well. I'll try "extracting" what exact actions it does for 3-layer alpha channel processing to see if it
A) improves final result
B) can be replicated with simple commands (like imagemagick ones you provided)
By "bigger" outlines I meant that overall instensity is higher (because of sudden drop-off) making them appear bigger (while they technically occupy same area).
Again i don't see anything wrong with blur presented on the resulting transparency overlay, if it wasn't for sudden blocky-seams artifacts.
Technically we could make those outlines smaller before upscaling (during my first attempts at this I tried different approach to outlines and how to solve other set of issues) to make the result look "more refined".

That proposition is not generous enough - I really want to have this mod improved, and preferrably drastically. Since I was manual processing all the bustups I ended up patching some of them. Caroline and Justine got patched, Igor as well as Sojiro and other characters received patches to fix "actual" bugs with their animations, while also making mod "more compatible" during animation transitions.
zettonaender
Been liked: 12 posts

zettonaender wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:36 am [2/21/2021 Update]
The royal bustup mod got an update some months ago, I decided to redo the upscale again. Since I don't seem to have the effort needed to take the one from the PS4 files (sorry about that :cry: ), I decided on using Cupscale to upscale the whole bustup images and the update (assists bustup, the one on the top right on the screen).

The model I used for the upscaling was:
1. bc1 sharp 3.0 by Alsa
2. Dedither Manga FS by Jacob_ (buildist)
The upscale model above was downloaded from Upscale Wiki. I found that the selected model provided sharp output with minimal artifacts.

On another note, since I didn't get the original, high-res file from the PS4 game, I believe the results aren't going to be as good as with them. Though, I feel like the results from ESRGAN is very much an upgrade from the PS3 resolution bustups. I look forward to the attempts to mitigate this issue by taking the images from the PS4 game by other contributors.

Anyway, here's the download link for the updated version. Another set of images are provided for the mod.
Installation process is the same, check the original post below for instructions.

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rxJ9u4 ... sp=sharing

Talking Bustup Example:
https://i.imgur.com/sQhgjgr.png
Assist Bustup Example:
https://i.imgur.com/AJPmjS5.png

I haven't had the time to test for issues/bugs. If you found any, please post a reply.

========================================ORIGINAL POST BELOW=====================================================================
Upscaled with waifu2x. Install above the 4K UI mod by rexis in mod compendium OR see below:
Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/160dSOA ... sp=sharing

-----How to merge with 4K UI mod-----
This also makes the 4K UI mod applicable in the mod compendium (for adding other mods).
1. Download CriPakTools here: https://github.com/jpmac26/CriPakTools/releases
2. Extract mod.cpk from the 4K UI mod to a folder
3. Move the files to the data folder of this mod (DO NOT REPLACE FILES IF ASKED)

Some screenshots below
I updated the mod to include the assist portrait. Please check the first post for details. Thanks :D
Beta morgana is nightmare fuel lol
natan534
Has liked: 2 posts

Hello there! It works perfectly for me with the exceptions of assists portraits, they are not scaling down, so they take half of the screen (like without proper lines in patch.yml that is required for standard busts). I'm really new to modding, though I think there is no any other conflict with other mods (using h2 texture upscale, not using ui upscale). Thnak You very much for Your work on this mod though, I really love those busts :)
zettonaender

natan534 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:44 pm Hello there! It works perfectly for me with the exceptions of assists portraits, they are not scaling down, so they take half of the screen (like without proper lines in patch.yml that is required for standard busts). I'm really new to modding, though I think there is no any other conflict with other mods (using h2 texture upscale, not using ui upscale). Thnak You very much for Your work on this mod though, I really love those busts :)
Thanks for the appreciation, can you post your patch.yml file so I can take a look at it?
natan534

Alright, I've uploaded content of patch.yml to the pastebin - https://pastebin.com/EmuVhRgp
zettonaender

Code: Select all

- [ be32, 0x1db940, 0x48b45007 ]  # bustups B
    - [ be32, 0x1db544, 0x48b45007 ]
    - [ be32, 0x1db684, 0x48b45007 ]
    - [ be32, 0x1db978, 0x48b45007 ]
    - [ be32, 0x1db568, 0x48b45007 ]
    - [ be32, 0x1db6a8, 0x48b45007 ]

Can you try adding the lines above to the 4k patch? I currently don't have P5 installed so I can't really test it. Alternatively you can just install the 4k UI mod and take the full 4k patch instead of the bustup only patch. Let me know if it doesn't work.
natan534

Code that You've passed works! Thank You very much
zettonaender

Update: Added aemulus version, check first post for link.
Couscousman

Hi,

I did everything mentionned on the og post. After building the mod cpk and placing it in the game directory (USDIR) my game wont launch anymore while this appear in the log: F VM: Access violation reading location 0x0 (unmapped memory) [type=u0].

I tried to use the rpcs3_mod.exe: it works but my patches wont apply so im stuck at 1280x720 at 30 fps while i usually play in 4K.

I need help please.

Thanks in advance.

edit: so i found out that by disabling mod support the game boot but the 4K upscaled bustups wont work. Im stuck rn. I did everything as stated but i cant play.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.