[Multiplatform] HD2x - High Resolution Textures for P5

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 5 for PS3 and PS4.
E25
Has liked: 1 post

Quite confused as to why it's happening, but after loading as save in Kaneshiro's castle I get missing textures on walls and floors, this is soon followed by further corruption of any and all text in the UI.
https://ibb.co/k3FP208
Strangely eveything else (props, characters and enemies) is intact and so are textures in other places outside the casle (some things are intact at the front gates but not all).
Was using the Vram fork and the 4k ui mod with this, tested without mods and the textures were intact.

I'll try to get to this point with an another save to see if the problen arises from loading in saves that have you inside the castle, but my other saves are quite a bit back so i'll take some time.

Update: Got lucky and found a save close to it. Turns out that loading from inside doesn't effect it, it's missing textures by the time you first infilitrate it.
Creature with a passion for graphics and modelling.
Zelkin
Has liked: 6 posts
Been liked: 12 posts

E25 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:12 am Only possibility/next step I see is ripping textures from P5R, as those seem to be of much higher resolution, 2-3x I'd imagine. Far as I know the tools haven't been updated yet to work with the files that the PS4 version uses, but I might be wrong on that (couldn't even try as I don't have the files).
I have a .pkg of Persona 5 Royal, I will try looking what can be done with my little capabilities. I may try some upscaling from P5R textures.
E25 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:41 pm Quite confused as to why it's happening, but after loading as save in Kaneshiro's castle I get missing textures on walls and floors, this is soon followed by further corruption of any and all text in the UI.
I am away from my computer for now, I won't be able to fix it now. Could you send me a save where the issue occurs ?
Best grill
E25

Zelkin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:13 pm
E25 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:12 am Only possibility/next step I see is ripping textures from P5R, as those seem to be of much higher resolution, 2-3x I'd imagine. Far as I know the tools haven't been updated yet to work with the files that the PS4 version uses, but I might be wrong on that (couldn't even try as I don't have the files).
I have a .pkg of Persona 5 Royal, I will try looking what can be done with my little capabilities. I may try some upscaling from P5R textures.
E25 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:41 pm Quite confused as to why it's happening, but after loading as save in Kaneshiro's castle I get missing textures on walls and floors, this is soon followed by further corruption of any and all text in the UI.
I am away from my computer for now, I won't be able to fix it now. Could you send me a save where the issue occurs ?
Absolutely, I'll get the file up somewhere and send you a DM. Currently I'm looking into what on earth could have caused it, as the emulator version stayed the same, same with the mods used. Only thing that changed was the driver for my RX 580 getting updated, since it has some now know issues with RPCS3 I rolled back to an even earlier one (was using 20.5, updated to 20.7, rolled back to 20.4) that should be the most stable.
Currently trying to see if combining the files with this and other mods I was using at the time and compiling it into a .cpk as if it were a single mod fixes the issue or not.

Update: It has not fix anything.
Zelkin

Thank you for the save file. I encountered this bug in my testings, it is due to an issue with the .bin file corresponding to that cell. I will fix it eventually, but in the meantime you can remove the .bin files corresponding to the bugged areas. To find it, build the mod with half the .bin files, try and see if the textures bug persists, and if it does remove again half of the .bin files you just built. Repeat the process until you get one file left, if you are patient enough :)
Best grill
E25

Zelkin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:29 am Thank you for the save file. I encountered this bug in my testings, it is due to an issue with the .bin file corresponding to that cell. I will fix it eventually, but in the meantime you can remove the .bin files corresponding to the bugged areas. To find it, build the mod with half the .bin files, try and see if the textures bug persists, and if it does remove again half of the .bin files you just built. Repeat the process until you get one file left, if you are patient enough :)
I'll have a look into it later today, sadly I'm still on a HDD so compiling takes some time. I'm rather curious as to what could have caused it, as I'm pretty sure it was fine during the session, only when rebooting RPCS3 did the issues come up.
Inflict

Hey guys, when I try to merge the HD2x with the Full 4k UI upscale, by unpacking the Full 4k, and merging both with Mod Compendium, I get some missing textures!
Don't know if i'm doing something wrong, but I'm at the Kamoshida Palace and have missing the bookshelfs, candles and other minor textures. What could it be?

Ps: I've tried to use only the HD2x and still having this issue!

If you guys know the files that could be causing it, I think i could just delete them from the mod and keep all the other enhancements

Thanks for the help!

Here is the issue
Zelkin

Zelkin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:29 am I encountered this bug in my testings, it is due to an issue with the .bin file corresponding to that cell. I will fix it eventually, but in the meantime you can remove the .bin files corresponding to the bugged areas. To find it, build the mod with half the .bin files, try and see if the textures bug persists, and if it does remove again half of the .bin files you just built. Repeat the process until you get one file left, if you are patient enough :)
Then tell me which .bin file is the culprit, and remove it from the mod folder before building with mod compendium
Best grill
Inflict

Inflict wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:31 am
If you guys know the files that could be causing it, I think i could just delete them from the mod and keep all the other enhancements
Well, I made it the hard and long way and kept cuting by half the .bin files in the data/model/field_tex/textures, and at the end, the issue was on the file "tex051_000_00_00.bin". Removed it and boom, Problem Solved!
Zelkin

Fixed some additional bugs in Kaneshiro's and Kamoshida's palaces. Download the fix here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NIXmAR ... sp=sharing and put the .bin files in the model/field_tex/textures folder, say yes to replace.
Best grill
Zelkin

Fixed all green/pink textures related bugs, added back large files for extra sharpness. The previous fix is no longer needed
Best grill

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.