P5R Bustup Portrait Backport Mod (Update 1.3: 2/24/21)

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 5 for PS3 and PS4.
KingChespin1
Been liked: 1 post

For some reason with the mod, every character blinks every 2 or 3 seconds. Obviously it’s not that big of a deal, but do you know if there’s anyway to fix this? Thanks!
chlorophylls
Has liked: 9 posts
Been liked: 28 posts

KingChespin1 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:54 am For some reason with the mod, every character blinks every 2 or 3 seconds. Obviously it’s not that big of a deal, but do you know if there’s anyway to fix this? Thanks!
Are you sure it's a problem with the mod and not the 60FPS patch or something? Honest question, since I haven't tried it out myself and can't really think of anything that would cause these bustup files in particular to modify the speed of the character blinks/mouth frames.
KingChespin1
Been liked: 1 post

chlorophylls wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:32 pm
KingChespin1 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:54 am For some reason with the mod, every character blinks every 2 or 3 seconds. Obviously it’s not that big of a deal, but do you know if there’s anyway to fix this? Thanks!
Are you sure it's a problem with the mod and not the 60FPS patch or something? Honest question, since I haven't tried it out myself and can't really think of anything that would cause these bustup files in particular to modify the speed of the character blinks/mouth frames.
Yeah you’re right, it has to do with the 60fps patch. Tried it out and it worked perfectly on 30fps so that’s cool!
DniweTamp
Has liked: 42 posts
Been liked: 90 posts

4k mod may very much be compatible if you remove the scaler for bustups in the patch.yml as seen here:

I haven't tested it yet, but it should work.
LordCheesusCrust
Has liked: 8 posts
Been liked: 2 posts

Just tried can confirm does work. Image Also running with the Xbox UI Prompts which were made for the 4K UI and works perfectly. Image The P5R Bustups obviously look a bit blurry in comparison to everything else but still works well.
LordCheesusCrust
Has liked: 8 posts
Been liked: 2 posts

Update: Should have tried a battle first. Image Gonna see if there's another thing in the Patch.yml that I can adjust/remove and will thoroughly test before commenting again.
XD_datboi69

I'm new to modding and everything so how would you add akechi and kasumi into the rpcs3 emulated version in the first place?
Poipt
Has liked: 2 posts
Been liked: 8 posts

XD_datboi69 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:13 am I'm new to modding and everything so how would you add akechi and kasumi into the rpcs3 emulated version in the first place?
You would need to compile the bustup's DDS file into a BIN file using this tool: https://github.com/ShrineFox/DDS2Tool/releases/ Then, you have to put the bustups into the correct folder in your mod directory. If you want to replace an existing bustup, you can find a link to them here: https://amicitia.miraheze.org/wiki/Pers ... cpk/bustup
rexis
Has liked: 3 posts
Been liked: 15 posts

commenting out this part only should work
Brs324

Hey! This is an AMAZING mod! So thanks so much for making it! I actually have a question, though. Would it be possible for you to make the battle bustups / portaits as well? I noticed that Futaba still uses her old surprised face and other expressions. Thanks anyway, even if it's not possible!

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.