Full 4k UI upscale

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 5 for PS3 and PS4.
Hideki
Been liked: 1 post

I was able to successfully combine this 4k UI mod with the Kaleidoscope Removal mod by Alan3D and here's how I did it for those who want to do it also:

DISCLAIMER: This is assuming that you already have the 4k UI mod working with the VRAM build of RPCS3.

1. Download the Kaleidoscope Removal Mod and the ModCompendium app.
2. Download CriPakTools and use it to extract the 4k UI mod.cpk file in the OP of this thread.
3. Copy all of the folders that get extracted into the '.\Kaleidoscope Removal\Data' folder.
4. Open the ModCompendium app, check the Kaleidoscope Removal box and click Build
5. Paste the newly built mod.cpk into Persona 5's USRDIR.

The resulting mod.cpk will have both this 4k UI mod as well as the Kaleidoscope Removal mod. I'm sure that this will work with just about any other mod as long as the files in the data folder don't conflict.
rupan88
Has liked: 1 post

Hi, I've got a problem. Have you tested the mod with a Japanese version of the game? When I used the same method as for the US/EU version I get a VM: Access violation reading location ... (unmapped memory) error before the game loads. If I just swamp mod.cpk for patch3ps3.cpk as recommended for Japanese version when modding it starts but the texy is in English and everything is too big and cut off. Does the mod support Japanese text in the first place?
irockdude554

I'm not sure if its a problem on my end, or maybe something with the emulator but, no matter if I disable the 60fps patch or not the game still runs at 60fps and, it's advised not to use rpcs3's built-in framerate limiter as it has an impact on performance, and using a program like RTSS messes up some of the animations, Is their anyway you can fix this?
Sullie

Working great for me. Would it be possible to improve the other textures in the game, such as backgrounds on buildings/interiors? The characters and UI seem to look high res, but not the other textures.
YoloSwaggedBased

Thanks heaps for the mod @rexis. It looks and runs amazingly.

One bug I've noticed is a 720p shaped rectangle that appears when you use the menu, it's more noticeable at full screen. Just raising it in case it's an easy fix. Absolutely love the work!

YoloSwaggedBased

irockdude554 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:51 pm I'm not sure if its a problem on my end, or maybe something with the emulator but, no matter if I disable the 60fps patch or not the game still runs at 60fps and, it's advised not to use rpcs3's built-in framerate limiter as it has an impact on performance, and using a program like RTSS messes up some of the animations, Is their anyway you can fix this?
You have to comment out the 60fps line from patch.yml and set the framelimit in rpcs3 to 30. The auto framelimit will set persona 5 to 60fps in this fork of rpcs3. Set it manually and it's fixed. The author already gave this advice earlier in the thread.
Sullie

I keep seeing more and more cool mods being released, but the problem is I am only keen if they are compatible with this one. Is there an ETA for the mod compendium version? Thanks so much for working on this!
shan109

Hi. Will this be compatible with the latest version of RPCS3?
zaks0058

So i have a 1080p monitor. With this mod should i upscale the game to 4k or will I just be better off staying at 1080p
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

It'll probably only have much of a noticeable difference on a 4k display, so you might be better off staying at 1080p for the sake of performance since it should look just as good in theory as 4k that's been scaled back down

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.