Full 4k UI upscale

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 5 for PS3 and PS4.
A-NB
Has liked: 5 posts
Been liked: 9 posts

Matwoj wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:53 am @A-NB you can cap your fps in RPCS3 as well, I noticed my game was going over 60fps with the modded exe and the 60fps patch so it was running too fast. The option to cap is in GPU settings under Framelimit, there's a 30 fps option as well.
Yeah i know,
Afaik it's better to use rivatuners since capping with rpcs3 can actually decrease performance a bit.
rexis
Has liked: 3 posts
Been liked: 15 posts

A-NB wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:00 am Hey @rexis forgot to ask something, did you do anything to force 60 fps?

With the non mod exe the game doesn't run at 60 fps unless i add the 60fps patch in the yml file.
With the modded exe it always runs at 60 fps, even when the patch doesn't even exist in the yml.

It's not a big deal since i can just cap it to 30 with rivatuner, but i was wondering.
(As much as i'd love to play P5 with 60FPS i usually don't get more than 40fps in busy areas, so i rather have it at a constant 30fps.)
Sorry, forgot to mention that my patch.yml already includes all the standard patches:

Code: Select all

- [ load, p5_4kUI ]
    - [ load, p5_DisableOutlines ]
    - [ load, p5_ModSupport ]
#    - [ load, p5_FileAccessLog ]
    - [ load, p5_IntroSkip ]
    - [ load, p5_60FPS ]
#    - [ load, p5_RandomizedEncounterMusic ]
    - [ load, p5_DisableDLCUnlockMessages ]
    - [ load, p5_FixScriptPrintingFunctions ]
    - [ load, p5_DisableBlur ]
    - [ load, p5_DisableDistortion ]
    - [ load, p5_Disable100PctDistortion ]
#    - [ load, p5_NoHudLite ]
#    - [ load, p5_NoHud ]
#    - [ load, p5_CustomMaxBulletCount ]
#    - [ load, p5_DisableNaviLines ]
#    - [ load, p5_EncBgmInOrder ]
p5_60FPS is enabled by default so just comment it out
A-NB

rexis wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:26 am
A-NB wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:00 am Hey @rexis forgot to ask something, did you do anything to force 60 fps?

With the non mod exe the game doesn't run at 60 fps unless i add the 60fps patch in the yml file.
With the modded exe it always runs at 60 fps, even when the patch doesn't even exist in the yml.

It's not a big deal since i can just cap it to 30 with rivatuner, but i was wondering.
(As much as i'd love to play P5 with 60FPS i usually don't get more than 40fps in busy areas, so i rather have it at a constant 30fps.)
Sorry, forgot to mention that my patch.yml already includes all the standard patches:

Code: Select all

- [ load, p5_4kUI ]
    - [ load, p5_DisableOutlines ]
    - [ load, p5_ModSupport ]
#    - [ load, p5_FileAccessLog ]
    - [ load, p5_IntroSkip ]
    - [ load, p5_60FPS ]
#    - [ load, p5_RandomizedEncounterMusic ]
    - [ load, p5_DisableDLCUnlockMessages ]
    - [ load, p5_FixScriptPrintingFunctions ]
    - [ load, p5_DisableBlur ]
    - [ load, p5_DisableDistortion ]
    - [ load, p5_Disable100PctDistortion ]
#    - [ load, p5_NoHudLite ]
#    - [ load, p5_NoHud ]
#    - [ load, p5_CustomMaxBulletCount ]
#    - [ load, p5_DisableNaviLines ]
#    - [ load, p5_EncBgmInOrder ]
p5_60FPS is enabled by default so just comment it out
Did that. Like i said, even completely removing the patch code didn't help. In fact,
I did a quick test and even getting rid of the patch.yml itself keeps it at 60.
rexis

I looked at the code and the problem lies in RPCS3's incomplete HLE implementation of cellGcmSetSecondVFrequency in cellGcmSys library.
By default, the emulator loads LLE library (libgcm_sys.sprx), which is not an option here as it has hardcoded memory limits.
Hope that explains it

Edit: Actually the problem was with _cellGcmSetFlipCommandWithWaitLabel, this should be fixed now.
Last edited by rexis on Tue May 19, 2020 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daxter4K
Has liked: 1 post

Hi how can I use this mod but at the same time use other mods like the mod menu?
A-NB

Daxter4K wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:58 am Hi how can I use this mod but at the same time use other mods like the mod menu?
You can unpack the mod.cpk with CriPakTools. Then add/replace files to get other mods working like the mod menu.
You just need to make sure to not replace something that'd revert things back to the low-res/default graphics.
TatsuyaAct

[/img]
A-NB wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:23 am
Daxter4K wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:58 am Hi how can I use this mod but at the same time use other mods like the mod menu?
You can unpack the mod.cpk with CriPakTools. Then add/replace files to get other mods working like the mod menu.
You just need to make sure to not replace something that'd revert things back to the low-res/default graphics.

I did something wrong I guess but not sure what it is.

Basically I didnt use the modded Rpcs3 exe because It wouldnt start since some files are missing in the rpsc3 folders and some dll´s
I put the patch file in the folder and it works but the text gets all up destroyed.

I would like also ask what you mean with
Then add/replace files to get other mods working like the mod menu.
I am new so I am not sure which file is used for the mod that is in the patch file

I would appreciate if someone could help me with this
rexis

Have you put mod.cpk next to EBOOT.BIN? This is what it looks like when patch.yml is applied but mod.cpk isn't. What dll files are you missing?
TatsuyaAct

rexis wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:47 pm Have you put mod.cpk next to EBOOT.BIN? This is what it looks like when patch.yml is applied but mod.cpk isn't. What dll files are you missing?
I am using mods now for around 1 year so I know where the mod.cpk needs to go. I also have a EBOOT.BIN file in the USRDIR folder like the mod.cpk file

For the dll I need one of the Qt5 dll and after I put that dll in the rpcs3 root folder I get a message that some file or folder isnt somewhere in the rpcs3 folder
rexis

TatsuyaAct wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:02 pm
rexis wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:47 pm Have you put mod.cpk next to EBOOT.BIN? This is what it looks like when patch.yml is applied but mod.cpk isn't. What dll files are you missing?
I am using mods now for around 1 year so I know where the mod.cpk needs to go. I also have a EBOOT.BIN file in the USRDIR folder like the mod.cpk file

For the dll I need one of the Qt5 dll and after I put that dll in the rpcs3 root folder I get a message that some file or folder isnt somewhere in the rpcs3 folder
What rpcs3 version are you using? Update to the newest one, put rpcs3_mod.exe in the rpcs3 root folder. You shouldn't have to download any extra dll files.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.