Full 4k UI upscale

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 5 for PS3 and PS4.
Design
Has liked: 5 posts

After a bit of searching, I managed to find an answer to the Ryzen 5000 series problems: run rpcs3_mod. Right click on Persona 5 and click "Open Custom Config Folder". In this folder, right click on "config_BLUS31604" and open with notepad or preferably notepad++. In this list, under "core:", find a line called "Use LLVM CPU:". Put a space and type "znver2" without the quotations. Finally, save the yml file. Afterwards everything should be working smoothly :D
Design

Now that that's over with, I'd like to know does 60 fps still need to be turned off for some areas to not softlock with the ui upscale mod?
zettonaender
Been liked: 12 posts

Design wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:04 pm Now that that's over with, I'd like to know does 60 fps still need to be turned off for some areas to not softlock with the ui upscale mod?
I've played the game for several playthrough now and haven't encountered any softlock by the 60fps mod (with the ui upscale), so you should be safe.
Beta morgana is nightmare fuel lol
Design

zettonaender wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:34 pm
Design wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:04 pm Now that that's over with, I'd like to know does 60 fps still need to be turned off for some areas to not softlock with the ui upscale mod?
I've played the game for several playthrough now and haven't encountered any softlock by the 60fps mod (with the ui upscale), so you should be safe.
That's good to hear, thanks!
MwenDavo

Hey guys, I'm having some problems trying to get the 4k UI mod working. I decided to use the newer RPCS3 with extra vram build from here https://scarltz.visualstudio.com/rpcs3/ ... _a=summary, hoping it would perform better to achieve that sweet constant 60fps (it's based on RPCS3 0.0.15). After moving the mod.cpk file to the correct location, I tried using the default patch manager that comes with RPCS3. As I expected, the UI was oversized, so I decided to compare the patches that RPCS3 downloaded with the ones included in the patch.yml file that the mod came with. After some tinkering, I managed to move patches from the patch.yml file to the patch manager, and to my surprise, the oversized UI was fixed! The problem is that I can't progress after the first train goes by when loading the main menu. The error that appears on the RPCS3 log is "F {PPU[0x1000004] Thread (gfdJobQueueFiberWorker) [0x00987588]} VM: Access violation reading location 0x0 (unmapped memory) [type=u16]". I tried disabling each patch (mod support, 60 fps and 4k mod patch), and I've manage to track down the problem to the 4k mod patch. Does anyone know a way to fix this?
cheesyben

MwenDavo wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:16 pm Hey guys, I'm having some problems trying to get the 4k UI mod working. I decided to use the newer RPCS3 with extra vram build from here https://scarltz.visualstudio.com/rpcs3/ ... _a=summary, hoping it would perform better to achieve that sweet constant 60fps (it's based on RPCS3 0.0.15). After moving the mod.cpk file to the correct location, I tried using the default patch manager that comes with RPCS3. As I expected, the UI was oversized, so I decided to compare the patches that RPCS3 downloaded with the ones included in the patch.yml file that the mod came with. After some tinkering, I managed to move patches from the patch.yml file to the patch manager, and to my surprise, the oversized UI was fixed! The problem is that I can't progress after the first train goes by when loading the main menu. The error that appears on the RPCS3 log is "F {PPU[0x1000004] Thread (gfdJobQueueFiberWorker) [0x00987588]} VM: Access violation reading location 0x0 (unmapped memory) [type=u16]". I tried disabling each patch (mod support, 60 fps and 4k mod patch), and I've manage to track down the problem to the 4k mod patch. Does anyone know a way to fix this?
same problem as this and I most previous links to newer rpcs3 extra vram build links were inaccessible
Design

Is there any mods like this that can replace the low quality cutscenes with the 1080p ones?
Cifer025
Been liked: 4 posts

I managed to merge the old patch.yml with the new format (Fixed the 4k patch and added Disable Outlines).

Also, since Zelkin's link to a working build doesn't work anymore, I uploaded one I found here to web archive. The patch.yml is included in the RPCS3 folder

https://archive.org/details/rpcs-3-extr ... 9-2020.-7z
Cifer025

Design wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:36 pm Is there any mods like this that can replace the low quality cutscenes with the 1080p ones?
I tried replacing them with the ps4 cutscenes, but every time it loads the new ones, it gets stuck in a black screen. According from what I read in the wiki, the movie files should be the exact same res as the stock ones, or else they won't work.

I'm sure it's possible to modify the code so the game can accept 1080p cutscenes, but unfortunately, I don't have the skills to do it myself.
Cifer025

I uploaded a .7z to GDrive that includes:

- A mod.cpk built with the 4K UI mod + HD2X Persona
- The latest compatible rpcs3 build I could find on the net + a fixed patch.yml.
- Some instructions for the install process.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A7Wui8OpJgMI5A58BelbJQHBDVR9ur3_/view?usp=sharing

Hoping this is useful for the people having trouble building and running the mods.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.