SMT3-Chronicles: Translation Patch (English)

Share, discover or contribute to mods for Shin Megami Tensei games for the PS2.
Krisan Thyme
Been liked: 3 posts

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne Maniax - Chronicles Edition

A second version of Maniax, Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniax Chronicle Edition, was released on October 23, 2008 as part of a Japanese limited edition of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon: in this version, Dante is replaced by Raidou Kuzunoha, the protagonist of the third and fourth Devil Summoner title.

Patching Process
1. Extract all files to your desired directory.
2. Run "xedltaUI" and select "SMT3-Chronicles-T-1.1.3.xdelta" as your patch file.
3. Select your unpatched SMT3:Chronicles Edition ISO as your source file.
4. Choose your desired output directory and filename.
5. Now simply select "Patch" and wait! You will be prompted when patching is complete.

This patch requires the Chronicles Edition game, you cannot apply it to the NA/EU copy of the game.

What's New in Version 1.1.3:
  • Fixed a crash that would occur after clearing the Labyrinth of Amala and returning to Shinjuku Hospital.
  • Fixed a bug where the tutorial didn't display a button prompt for opening your menu.

Album Preview

Patreon Page
Direct Download (GoogleDrive)
Direct Download (Mega)
Last edited by Krisan Thyme on Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainSwag101
Has liked: 25 posts
Been liked: 7 posts

Oh hey, I've actually been playing an older version of this patch on my modded PS2, can confirm it works so far on real hardware, I'm up to the Ginza Underpass. Thanks for your great work!
I can be your best friend or your worst enemy. It all depends on you.
Krisan Thyme

Ah, no problem. With the announcement of the HD Remaster coming out I just decided to give it another look-over and see what I could do. The TDE route crash was the most notorious thing I knew about, even if there were workarounds for it. It was a bit tricky to track down and fix too, but fortunately I seem to have nipped it in the bud. Hopefully I didn't cause some other issue in doing so. lol

I swear, it's hard to not run into issues on a project of this size!
Ultimatum
Been liked: 1 post

Could this mod work in conjunction with HardType? I'm thinking about replaying Nocturne with the HardType mod but I also want to play Chronicle edition, so I'm wondering if that's possible.
what's a mainline fan doing on a persona server anyway?[img]file:///C:/Users/lukes/OneDrive/Pictures/NocTURN.png[/img]
Krisan Thyme

This translation and the base game are fundamentally different in many ways, thus HardType isn't really inherently compatible with it I am afraid. It's been about two years since the original release, and it doesn't look like Zombero has the time (or perhaps even interest) in porting it over to this version. (Not that I blame him! He's worked hard enough.)

I'm told that the HardType patch actually does kind of work on this though, it's just pretty buggy and nowhere near the professional product Zombero intended it to be. In theory I could probably port it over myself, but I am not sure I am ready to commit to that just yet.. HardType has extensive assembly hacks to it, moreso than this translation does even. lol..

I'm open to the possibility of getting them to play nice, it just might be awhile yet.
FuxorLuck
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 1 post

Ultimatum wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:58 pm Could this mod work in conjunction with HardType? I'm thinking about replaying Nocturne with the HardType mod but I also want to play Chronicle edition, so I'm wondering if that's possible.
Hey I posted my Hardtype port to Chronicle edition in this forum.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=533

But there are minor issues.
All Hardtype features are working but I am looking for someone to help me fix it

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.