[RELEASE] High Quality Soundtrack Mod

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 3 FES on the PS2.
Weebster
Been liked: 2 posts

Phoenix wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:57 am
Weebster wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:21 pm
Phoenix wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:48 am Before the optional music, the mod is 420 MB (should be 415 after removing THEME.ADX). The original filesize of the tracks you replaced is 111 MB. Your mod shouldn't be nearly four times larger. The Devil Survivor Overclocked high quality music mod was 85 MB in comparison. This mod being over 3
Surprised to see my mod being mentioned on this forum of all places, but it's a little more complex than that. First of all, the first version didn't even have every song, so it was smaller, but also, Overclocked is mono. Without reverse-engineering that can't be changed, so for a fair comparison you should at least double the size. The audio is also 32728hz and there are only 30 songs replaced including optional ones, although the actual songs tend to be somewhat longer and I left the optional title theme uncompressed out of laziness so that's 11MB right there (the game handles uncompressed BCWAVs fine, they just take longer to load and are 4x heftier so it makes the mod too large and causes stutters when loading + the quality difference between DSPADPCM and WAV is marginal at best).

All that said, I can revise the P3 mod if you give me permission. I know nothing about PS2 hacking so I'd still need you to take care of that, but the music is my specialty and I already have a few tracks I can source from my ill-fated Catherine Classic mod (editing the CPK breaks Rapunzel and the jukebox for some reason)
Hey, loved your mod! My first playthrough of Overclocked was a banger thanks to that. Tupelov made another HQ sound mod here, so it may not be necessary https://gamebanana.com/wips/53188

I know the PQ games have pretty poor sound quality if you're interested in that.
People were definitely talking about the voices, for which not much can be done outside of begging Atlus for the original files or releasing optional DLC that fixes the quality, neither of which are going to happen. PQ2 exclusively uses 32728hz ADX and PQ uses a mix of ADX and ADX2. At most, the ADX2(HCA) files might be replaceable with ADX, which should have ever-so-slightly higher quality (no guarantees) but for all intents and purposes the music sounds as good as the 3DS can handle. If it sounds like doodoo the only thing that can be done is change the 3DS/Citra sound setting from surround to stereo lol

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.