P3 Fes Upscale Project

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 3 FES on the PS2.
slasherguy21
Has liked: 35 posts
Been liked: 30 posts

Uh out of these two models what looks better, just wanted someone's opinion on this.
https://imgsli.com/MjEwOTc
chiptunesoprano
Has liked: 3 posts
Been liked: 2 posts

Deindeo, the other one is a little too sharp and the contrast a tad high. Deindeo is soft but looks much more true to the original.
slasherguy21

okay thanks!, The feedback really helps I want this to be as best as it can be.
slasherguy21

uhhhhhhhhhh Here's some the crew in their winter clothes.
chiptunesoprano

The textures are looking great but the upscaling seems to be doing funky stuff to the bustup's outlines, though I admit I didn't really notice until I opened the image fullsize in another tab. Were there always that many different line weights? Some specific areas I mean are Mitsuru's curl and the ruff on Yukari's blouse.
slasherguy21

chiptunesoprano wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:37 pm The textures are looking great but the upscaling seems to be doing funky stuff to the bustup's outlines, though I admit I didn't really notice until I opened the image fullsize in another tab. Were there always that many different line weights? Some specific areas I mean are Mitsuru's curl and the ruff on Yukari's blouse.
Soooo I've taken these pictures of different models for Mitsuru's bustup, heres the results and I Pick whatever you think looks.

4x_Fatality_01_265000_G
4x_fatal_Anime_500000_G
4x_FSDedither
4x_FSDedither_Manga
4x_FSDedither_Riven
4x_Manga109Attempt
4x_Misc_220000
4x_OLDIES_290000_G_FINAL_interp_03
deindeo_x4_130000_G
chiptunesoprano

On ripping my own copy of Mitsuru's bustup I gotta say I really overestimated the clarity of FES's bustups... But I figured out what was bugging me thanks to the comparisons, the 4x_FSDedither_Manga model specifically causes some weird line ghosting.

This is just me, but my top 3 from this set are the deindeo, FSDedither, and Manga109Attempt. Of the three, deindeo has the least artifacting and sharpest lines, and Manga Attempt has the richest color but most artifacting, with FSDedither ending up kind've an average between the two.

I tried some waifu2x models on the same bustup and without cranking up the denoise and losing detail my best result had a little more artifacting and color banding than deindeo.
slasherguy21

Updated the school but haven't used the better models to upscale the bustups but I am already on work with that.I’ve just been busy with school and family so that's why there hasn't been an update for a while.
chiptunesoprano

That's totally fair, I recently started using ESRGAN myself for something else and decided to throw a bunch of stuff at bustup rips until they looked good.
I ended up mixing this cocktail of fatality/fatal_anime/fatality_comix and deindeo, run in a chain after this and this in that order.

Which gave me a surprising balance of detail and sharpness:

Hope this helps!
Alan3D
Has liked: 37 posts
Been liked: 23 posts

Are you on Gameupscale server Slasherguy? They had released new models that had been doing great https://discord.gg/cpAUpDK

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.