P5 Table Editor

Programs that will help with modding various Persona & SMT games.
SeppNel
Has liked: 2 posts
Been liked: 10 posts

Hi, Some time ago I was looking for a tool to edit table files (.ftd) but could not find any, so I made one myself!

This is a tool that lets you edit any ftd file, at least from p5 I don't know if any other games uses it. Please tell me any problem or suggestion that you have and expect lots of bugs, in fact this is my first coding project. I tested it with various files and it seemed to work perfectly but sometimes I feel like I don't know what I'm doing so please keep a backup of your files.

1.3:
-Add support for ftd version 1 files (because apparently that it's a thing.) If you tried it before and got garbage output try now.

Releases and source code: https://github.com/SeppNel/P5-Table-Editor
Feel free to tell my what im doing wrong.
Last edited by SeppNel on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

This kind of thing is greatly appreciated, it looks like some people are already digging into these files to see what they can do by changing them thanks to your contribution.
SeppNel

I (hopefully) have fixed a bug where the first edited index would not be updated correctly. Pls redownload.
SeppNel

Update 1.3 released. Apparently multiple types of ftd files are used in P5. Now it should work with "version 0" and "version 1" files.
If you encounter any ftd file that does not work with this pls let me know.

There's at least 1 more type of ftd files but they are very strange. They report themselfs as "version 0", have only 1 entry on the table (wich is obviously wrong) and dont seem to follow any consistent structure. One example of this files is: ps3 -> field -> panel -> fldPanelMsg.pac -> fldWholeMapTable.ftd. Need to investigate further on this.
prdsbrave

How to start a translation? I would like to start in Portuguese because there is a very active community that will help me. thanks
SeppNel

Deompile the game bf and bmd files to start. In the wiki you have some tools to do it. That's probably the easiest place to start

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.