Stuck at infinite splash screen after installing repatch mods

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
supernuova-99

Vita noob here, It's pretty much as the title says. After putting a joint Square Menu and Music Reincarnation mod cpk into the \repatch\PCSE00120\data folder and dropping it into ux0, whenever I boot up P4G I just get a static splash screen of the investigation team and nothing else. I tried using the same exact repatch folder that was given here to another person dealing with vita mod troubles and had no success doing that either.

When I delete the repatch folder the game runs just fine, so I'm confident it's not my game dump that has problems. I'm using a jpn vita 2000 with an SDtovita installed if that has anything to do with my troubles. I also have installed the plugins that were suggested here.

I'm pretty much at my wits end here trying to find a solution to this specific problem and I can't seem to find anyone in my situation who has the problem and fixed it. The closest I got to finding anything like my problem was one comment by DarkDragon195 on the PC/Vita release of the Custom Sub Menu.

Is there anything I can possibly be missing? Or is this maybe a region compatibility issue?

Tags:
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Not 100% certain this will fix it, but one thing you can try doing is putting this file in \repatch\PCSE00120\sce_sys

I think I remember it helping when I ran into that problem
supernuova-99

Thanks for responding!

I replaced the param.sfo file that was in the 1.15 release you have on github with the one you linked in the reply and I still get the infinite splash screen.

Just to make sure my game works normally, I deleted the repatch folder again and the game boots up without issue. I updated the mod compendium to the 1.7.0 version and I still run into the issue. I thought it could be my eboot.bin so I grabbed a pre-patched eboot from this post but still no luck.

I moved eboot.bin to my data folder and the game worked normally without any of the mods loading, it might have something to do with the eboot.? I'm running a US copy on a JPN console, despite the vita being region free might there still be some issues when it comes to patching games from different regions? Otherwise I don't know what I could possibly be doing wrong.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.